BG-14 HELP please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justcopen

Reaction score
I have been reading and reading and now I am so lost in the forums. I have a bg-14 bayou classic burner and want to install it in a brew stand that is being controlled by a honeywell vr8200a lp gas controller. will this work? Do I need to drill out the orifice to convert it to low pressure lp? Any help would be appreciated. I just want to brew and drink good beer not blow me and the girl friend up!!!

You can drill the gas fitting orifice out to 3/32" or buy the LP gas valve from Williams brewing if you are not comfortable drilling the gas fitting. You will need a low pressure LP regulator, a Marshall 290 series regulator works well, this regulator is common in the RV trade so obtaining one is not hard.
If you buy the Honeywell VR8200 valve just make sure the LP conversion parts are included, otherwise it is about $5 for the stiffer spring used for the natural gas to LP conversion. The same advice is needed for the Q314 pilot, you need the .010 LP orifice as they are usually sold with the .018 natural gas orifice.
If you need additional part number help PM me and I can forward the links to suppliers for needed parts.

Thank you Kladue for the info. I all ready have a low pressure brew stand with jet burners that sucks. I think I will order the valve from Williams because it would be nice to controll the flame some.

You can set the maximum flame size by tweaking the built in regulator feature of the Honeywell valve, open burner valve wide open and back off regulator screw on control valve body to max flame level you want. That is the method used in the field when the control valve is installed in a retrofit or first time firing of a new furnace or boiler.

Latest posts

Back