Home Brews to review on my blog

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope to start filming some homebrewing videos, but for now most of the videos I post on my beer blog ( http://craftbrewadvocate.com ) are craft beer reviews. I thought it would be cool to start reviewing some home brews. In the reviews I do a typical beer review but also share some background on the home brew (given to me by the brewer) and its recipe. I think this would be a good way to help other home brewers and those thinking of starting to home brew just how good the home brews taste and the breadth of creativity possible when brewing on a small scale.

Thoughts?

Not necessarily a bad idea. My guess is you are going to get your fair share of people ribbing you about how you are just trying to get people to send you free beer. Also, if you are going to use HBT as a forum to drum up participation, you might want to consult a moderator to help monitor things. This would definitely help lend credibility to your project.

Other than that, you might consider starting with a "Send me your best clone." type of review. People on here are always trying to clone one thing or another. It would likely generate more interest in the beginning, especially if you are posting the recipes. It would also allow you to compare the homebrew to something people are familiar with. You could also film you and/or your friends doing a side-by-side or triangle tasting.

Just some random thoughts that came into my head when I read this.

You could start with reviewing your own/ locals / friends beers. Then if people on here are liking what they see and want to send you their beer to review you could do that as well. Once there are some reviews that homebrewers can look at to see that you are not just in it for free beer and will provide useful feedback they will be more willing to send.

I think its a good idea, sounds cool

Back