Christmas Beer Exchange

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My dad is getting 24 people together and he will be buying 24 microbrew/ imported cases to make an "uncommon" sampler pack for each person. He is looking for non-mainstream brews that people would not typically buy on their own, so things like Bud, Coors, Blue Moon, Guinness, etc. will not be included He has asked me to compile a list of beers and here is what I have so far:

Microbrews
1. Ithaca Apricot Wheat
2. Troegs Mad Elf
3. Dogfish Head IPA
4. Philadelphia Brewing Joe Coffee Porter
5. Victory Festbier
6. Flying Fish Abbey Dubbel
7. Triumph Rauchweizen
8. Sleigh Crasher Cherry Stout (my own homebrew)

Imported Brews
1. Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
2. Ayinger Dopplebock
3. Spaten Optimator
4. Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse
5. Hacker-Pschorr Weiss Bock
6. Delirium Nocturnum
7. Strongbow Cider
8. Tsing-Tao

I am looking for some help in coming up with some other brews. I live in Southeast PA, so I am looking for beers that would be distributed here. I would like to make the selection as broad as possible in both beer styles and the breweries they come from. Anyone have any beers you think should not be forgotten?

Hey thanks.

Is there any style of beer that each of those breweries are known for? I actually haven't heard of either of them and I am trying to get the best of the best.

I grew up in Allentown, lets see what I remember. I used to get Three Floyds there. Their Alpha King is a very hoppy IPA. Also although it is local to philly Dock Street is off the beaten path for many beer drinkers and an excellent brew. I don't know if you get up north at all but there is a beer distributor in Emmaus PA called "Shangy's Beer Authority" They only sell cases, but their selection is outstanding with almost all exotic beers and probably 80 or 100 selections. I hear they still stock extremely tasty brews.

One of my favorite beers for christmas is Harpoon Winter Warmer. Tastes like a big glass of christmas!!! its a great holiday specific beer

I don't know my East coast beers but I can mention some west coast winter beers that should be available there.

Descutes Jubale
Sierra Nevada celebration
pyramid snow cap
redhook winterhook
anchor brewing christmas ale
Maritime pacific jolly roger christmas ale (if you find it, buy a lot!!!!)
new belgium 2 below is a descent beer too

I grew up in Allentown, lets see what I remember. I used to get Three Floyds there. Their Alpha King is a very hoppy IPA. Also although it is local to philly Dock Street is off the beaten path for many beer drinkers and an excellent brew. I don't know if you get up north at all but there is a beer distributor in Emmaus PA called "Shangy's Beer Authority" They only sell cases, but their selection is outstanding with almost all exotic beers and probably 80 or 100 selections. I hear they still stock extremely tasty brews.

My dad lives in Hamburg, which is like 20 minutes from Allentown. I have been dying to try anything from Three Floyds, but I can never find it anywhere. You wouldn't happen to remember where you bought it, do you?

I absolutely bought it in Emmaus at Shangy's Beer Authority. They don't I think have a web site, but you can google them and get some hits and get their phone number and call to see if they still stock it.

Back