• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

or trade, Rebel ChillHog 4000 plate chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golddiggie

Reaction score
Rebel Brewer ChillHog 4000 purchased in May, 2011. Replaced with longer 40 plate chiller from Duda Diesel, so don't need this one too. Can include the camlock fittings shown in the picture for the right price. I also have some of the ball lock style [stainless steel] fittings that I can change over to. I would include hose side fittings for those if you need them (not for the camlock). Otherwise, QD fittings will be removed before selling.

Prefer to not ship, but will if buyer pays shipping cost for the chiller.

Looking to get $80 for the chiller without fittings. Willing to entertain reasonable offers, as well as trade if you have something I want/need.

Label print has been washed away from submerging in PBW solution to clean.

ChillHog_4000.jpg

Ive looked at the Rebel before. I need something to cool 10gal batches and worried that its too small. You mind giving your thoughts since Im not as familiar with the DudaD versions. Im assuming its a faster chiller.

Tnks
Dave

Depends on your chill water temp, flow rate, what your target temp is, and how long you want to run it for. I went to the larger chiller due to chilling about 7 gallons (end of boil volume is usually around 7-7.5 gallons for me) and not wanting to take too much time. During the cooler months, the smaller chiller was good. I wanted to chill faster though. Especially when brewing at my buddy's place, where we typically started after 6pm. Didn't want to spend longer chilling and make the night even longer.

The longer DD version, due to increased capacity, chills faster. It also retains more inside it. You need to decide which items are more important to you.

BTW, the DD version I got was NOT cheap. So, if cost is a concern/factor for you, you'll just have a longer chill time.

Thanks for the advice shelly. I will call Brian. Had no idea that DD was close. Thats another reason these forums are so valuable.

Sold this tonight... Got $85 for the chiller, plus another $5 for the hose adapter to make one of the hose fittings female... :D

No QD fittings were included with it.

Back