Keggle/Burner Incompatibility...Burner Mod?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broadbill

Reaction score
Hi-

I just procured a keg that I am planning to convert into a keggle. In bringing the keg home, I realized that the the keg is a bit too wide to sit on my turkey fryer burner. My burner has a ring welded to the housing that acts as a guard to prevent a pot from tipping off of the burner. I've never seen a burner like this one before.

Has anyone had a similar problem and what did you do to fix it? The obvious answer is to cut the ring off, I'm just throwing it out there to see if anyone had a more clever workaround.

Thanks!

You could put a couple of pieces of flat steel on the ring and then place the keg on those. Have seen that done once or twice. Probably not a permanent solution but would get you by until one presents itself.

I have the same issue. I'm going to build a burner stand out of 12 gauge perforated angle iron. I'll then attach the burner head to that. It will give me a more stable platform, and lower the keggle so that it's easier to get the good stuff into it.

Back