• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Offering 3/16" Barrier Tubing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drkeds

Reaction score
As I began the process of setting up my kegerator I read various message threads about the different type of beer line tubing and how they “might” affect beer taste. I figured since I was in the initial stages of setup that I’d go the extra mile and get some of the “barrier” type tubing. This is the same type of stuff that EFaden was selling last December (check out his thread for the specs). Well the minimum order for this stuff is 1000’ which is a tad more than I need. So like EFaden, I’d like to offer up 100’ sections to any who are interested. I’d like to keep 300’ but the rest is up for grabs. Price will be the same as EFaden offered, $35 shipped. (For those in the metro Atlanta area if you are willing to pickup there would be no shipping charges so the cost would be less).

Shoot me a PM if you are interested

Well all of the 700' that I was going to sell has been spoken for. I've received payment from 2 individuals each asking for 100' of tubing.

I'm still waiting to hear form a couple individuals (GTengineer10 & cyberbackpacker )whom I sent an initial response to but have not heard back from (Sorry guys, I need to know if you are still interested).
If I don't hear anything from them this week then their will still be 200' available for sell.

Well all of the 700' that I was going to sell has been spoken for. I've received payment from 2 individuals each asking for 100' of tubing.

I'm still waiting to hear form a couple individuals (GTengineer10 & cyberbackpacker )whom I sent an initial response to but have not heard back from (Sorry guys, I need to know if you are still interested).
If I don't hear anything from them this week then their will still be 200' available for sell.

Wow that was fast.

FYI if there is interest and someone wants to run another group buy I can help them acquire the 1000' spool.

I'm interested in 100' ... probably shouldn't be the one organizing a group buy for that low of a quantity.

I am interested in 100'. I am in Canada so it should not be me who organizes. I do have an american address I can receive stuff in though.

usplastics.com is an awesome site for all items with bring relevance with out trendy brewing prices

I just picked up the tubing from my mail box in Washington today. Thank you very much for setting this up, it is very much appreciated. It is interesting stuff to work with.
David Oh

hey KIM, are you using 1/4" barbed fittings?

I think I might redo my whole setup. right now I have the 3/16"x7/16 tubing directly attached to my ss beer tube from my tower taps. I was thinking of just leaving that on there short enough to get a MFL fitting in there so I can easily swap different lengths of tubing to balance my system.

and would I just get a small pot of water boiling on my stove and dip the end of the tubing in to get it nice and soft and just shove it over the 1/4" fittings?

-=jason=-

hey KIM, are you using 1/4" barbed fittings?

I think I might redo my whole setup. right now I have the 3/16"x7/16 tubing directly attached to my ss beer tube from my tower taps. I was thinking of just leaving that on there short enough to get a MFL fitting in there so I can easily swap different lengths of tubing to balance my system.

and would I just get a small pot of water boiling on my stove and dip the end of the tubing in to get it nice and soft and just shove it over the 1/4" fittings?

-=jason=-

Jason, I'm using this as a tail piece for my taps with 10' of tubing and a serving pressure of 10psi. Not sure if it's 1/4 or 3/16. All I know it that it was a PITA to get the darn tubing over the barb. Had to dip the end of the tubing in boiling water for about 30-60 secs just to soften it up enough. One thing though, once the tubing is on it stays put!

Back