Weekend score.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigKahuna

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what $28 will get you at Tipseys Liquor World.

IMG_0597.jpg

6 @ of Budweiser American Ale.
6 @ of Longhammer IPA
2 @ Left Hand Deep Cover Brown
2 @ Left Hand Sawtooth
2 @ Left Hand Black Jack Porter
2 @ Leffe
2 @ Stella Artois
2 @ Pilsner urquel.

Bet I don't get through all of them tonight!

how is Tipsy's?

I've only gone to their sister store (bubbles) and then Lukas.

That Bud American Ale is some good stuff. Had my first glass at a cigar event last night and the keg was blown within the first half hour.

Anyone know a recipe similar to it?

IMG_0597.jpg

6 @ of Budweiser American Ale. Worth a couple
6 @ of Longhammer IPA Nice Buy
2 @ Left Hand Deep Cover Brown Nice Buy
2 @ Left Hand Sawtooth Nice Buy
2 @ Left Hand Black Jack Porter Nice Buy
2 @ Leffe Not a huge fan
2 @ Stella Artois Gag
2 @ Pilsner urquel. Hurl

You've officially been judged! sorry I'm so bored at work today. It's Friday, Can't I just LEAVE!
Wish I could get the Longhammer and Left handed brews here. Kroger sells the others

Wish I could get the Longhammer and Left handed brews here.
I think that Ohio is a great place to be FROM! Come on out...Colorado works well.
I pretty well agree with your ascessment of these beers.
The Leff ain't great, the Pills is ok, but pretty well reminds me of the Michalobe that my Uncle useto drink.
The Brown has too roasty of a flavor to me, but the sawtooth is a great beer, and I'm pretty fond of the porter. Havent' gotten into the stella yet.

I love this forum.. Honestly, I just wanted to say that. Nice choices! I don't get to choose from that many where I'm from. I really want to try the Bud Am Ale. Not that I'm a big fan of Bud, but I want to see what they are capable of.

When your posts are rambling this weekend, we'll know why! :D

6 @ of Longhammer IPA
2 @ Left Hand Sawtooth
2 @ Leffe
2 @ Stella Artois
2 @ Pilsner urquel.

I like Stella. I had my first real Pilsner Urquell on tap. It's always skunked in those green bottles which is a shame because it's a wonderfully simple beer.
Left Hand I don't think we can get here. :( Longhammer I can't get past the diacetyl. In the ESB the diacetyl is OK. In that beer I think it's distracting. I'm curious what you think. The Leffe is on my list to try.

That Bud American Ale is some good stuff. Had my first glass at a cigar event last night and the keg was blown within the first half hour.

Anyone know a recipe similar to it?
find an american amber ale that is a little on the lighter side. then tell everybody it is dry hopped when it really doesn't taste like it all all. Boom...bud american ale. It is still apretty good beer...just a little to hyped

I like Stella. I had my first real Pilsner Urquell on tap. It's always skunked in those green bottles which is a shame because it's a wonderfully simple beer.

I would like to give Pilsner Urquell on Tap a shot. I've heard good things about it, but it's always so skunked because of the bottles. It's doesn't give a fair taste of the beer, but that's the companies choice who should know it's gonna give a bad example of what they're shooting for. It'd be nice if stores knew how to care for the green bottles, but I guess it's not their responsibility.

Gave the Bud American Ale another shot the other night at B-Dubs, Nope still not good at all. Tried letting it warm up, nope, still no Aroma or Flavor. This was poured from a bottle. Swirled the crap out of it trying to bring up some of those phantom cascades. Nothing. I will not be giving these anymore mouth time.

, but I guess it's not their responsibility.

Actually...it is!
If you get mouldy meet from the Butcher, You blame the butcher not the rancher that raised the beef...>Same with beer. I would be half tempted to open a beer store just for the sake of keeping beer good.
Maybe we just need to start a consumer advocacy group and go around talking to liquor store owners...educating them about beer.

I'll be trying both of those if and when I get them found. I'm stashing some cash for a trip to denver we have planned the weekend before ThanksGiving...I'll be shopping for some goods then!

Besides Left Hand Brewing, the others have seen better days and Left Hand didn't reallly impress me much when I had some at the beach. Leffe used to be good, but changed recipes and now it sucks. Bud American Ale..not even going there.

For $28 I can get 2 sixers of Victory Golden Monkey! But hey, to each his own. I'm betting you could brew better beers than all of them.

The saw tooth ale is good. Other than that...ya, I can brew better.

I like the saw tooth as well.

As mentioned above, definitely check out Lukas. Not sure where Davidson's is, but I usually hit Lukas weekly since they put new beers on their shelves every Thursday.

I'll be trying both of those if and when I get them found. I'm stashing some cash for a trip to denver we have planned the weekend before ThanksGiving...I'll be shopping for some goods then!

Lukas is across the street from Park Meadows, and Davidsons is just about a mile west of there on County Line.

A bit off topic but since you are coming to town Thanksgiving weekend. If you are into wine too the 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau will be released that week. Lukas, Davidson's, and Tipsey's should get all of the suppliers. Usually very limited releases seliing out in 2-3 weeks.

How does Davidson's selection/prices compare to Lukas?

Just got home from Lukas and snagged a bottle of Barrel-aged Ruffian and Barrel-aged Yeti.

IMG_0597.jpg

6 @ of Budweiser American Ale.
6 @ of Longhammer IPA
2 @ Left Hand Sawtooth
2 @ Leffe
2 @ Stella Artois
2 @ Pilsner urquel.

Ha....you got ripped off. that stuff sux. lets see, 2 budwieser product(sux), 2 Inbev(sux), 3 left hand(ok) and skunky urquel. get the golden monkey that someone suggested. or try some local Colorado beer (other than lefthand)

This Weekend went Better for all of you that piss and moaned about what I got a few weeks ago.
IMG_0682.jpg

Meadery of the Rockies King King Arthur, Evan Williams Egg Nog. 6 pk Dead Guy, Ruination x2, Double Bastard x2, Melbourne Brothers Apricot Lambic, Trappistes Rochefort, Melbourne Brothers Strawberry Lambic, 12 pk of Sierra Nevada Celebration, topped with Kona Brewing Limited Release Wailua Wheat, Sierra Harvest Ale x2, Chimay Grande Reserve, Decadent Imperial IPA, and a 6 pk of Breckenridge Christmas.

Anyone got any ideas of which ones will age well?
I'd sure like to start a collection of Holiday Brews, as I think Vertical Tastings just Scream Merry Christmas!

the double bastard should age nicely.

I also just picked one up from Lukas this past weekend

Ha....you got ripped off. that stuff sux. lets see, 2 budwieser product(sux), 2 Inbev(sux), 3 left hand(ok) and skunky urquel. get the golden monkey that someone suggested. or try some local Colorado beer (other than lefthand)

Show off......Much better than the last post. I guess the only thing other than the mead that i would age is the christmas ale

This Weekend went Better for all of you that piss and moaned about what I got a few weeks ago.
IMG_0682.jpg

Meadery of the Rockies King King Arthur, Evan Williams Egg Nog. 6 pk Dead Guy, Ruination x2, Double Bastard x2, Melbourne Brothers Apricot Lambic, Trappistes Rochefort, Melbourne Brothers Strawberry Lambic, 12 pk of Sierra Nevada Celebration, topped with Kona Brewing Limited Release Wailua Wheat, Sierra Harvest Ale x2, Chimay Grande Reserve, Decadent Imperial IPA, and a 6 pk of Breckenridge Christmas.

Anyone got any ideas of which ones will age well?
I'd sure like to start a collection of Holiday Brews, as I think Vertical Tastings just Scream Merry Christmas!

Woah. You went to Tipsy's again this weekend?

****er.

(jds lives about five minutes from Tipsy's)

Pick up a Rochefort 6 and 8 to drink in succesion with the 10. Me and SWMBO did this and it was good night by the fire outside. We split each bottle so we didn't get too buzzed and were able to tast them each. Also did this with the 11 oz bottles of Chimay Red White and Blue. Have to say blue was my fav.

If I had that score, I'd set back one each of the Ruination and Double Bastard and a harvest just for comparisons.
Only thing I have aging is a Vertical 08. I hope it makes it till 2012

Woah. You went to Tipsy's again this weekend?

****er.

(jds lives about five minutes from Tipsy's)

Nope....It took 3 stores in Colorado Springs to manage that haul!

BTW..We are going to DaveCo this weekend. I'm trying to try and formulate a written list to get while there...they have EVERYTHING!
I'm after a LaFolie, Pliney, Maybe some Blind Pig...of they have it.

What Else?

If I had that score, I'd set back one each of the Ruination and Double Bastard and a harvest just for comparisons.
That's why I got 2!
I'm starting the cellar for the Holiday Ales....Someday, I'll whip out a vertical tasting of Holiday Brew that will blow your socks off. Right Now, I'm hoping to gather double Bastard, Breckenridge Christmas Ale, and Sierra Nevada Celebration.

All of which reminds me...

I need to head over to Tipsy's and get a bottle of Chartreuse. Family tradition.

Family tradition being the menfolk sitting around the table, groaning underneath the weight of homemade pasta, sauce, meatballs, italian sausage, garlic bread, spumoni, pie, beer, wine, bourbon, and coffee while sipping chartreuse and swapping dirty jokes.

Good times.

What Else?

O'Dell's Extra-Special Red
Rochefort 6 (red cap) and 10 (blue cap) <-- pwnt by lack of reading comprehension.
If you find an O'dell's Woodcut, buy it, even at $25+ a bottle.
Rodenbach Grand Cru.
Oaked Bastard.
Breckenridge 471 IPA

For starters...

Ok...Starting the list....editing down to what I'm actually going to buy:

LaFolie
Rochefort. 6 and 10
Rodenbach Grand Crue
Pliney
MORE SN Celebration.

Come On here people....we're building a shopping list.

Ok...Starting the list....editing down to what I'm actually going to buy:

LaFolie
Rochefort. 6 and 10
Rodenbach Grand Crue
Pliney
MORE SN Celebration.

Come On here people....we're building a shopping list.

Orval
Paulaner Salvator
Moretti La Rosa
Alaskan Smoked Porter
Tommyknocker Cocoa Porter
Left Hand Snowbound

Planning on making a trip to a few locations. I'm bleesed to live within 10 miles of a world market and a Majestic that stocks a very respectable collection of brew.

Oh and Pilsner Urquell on tap is leagues better than the bottled stuff. Totally different beer, the best pilsner in the world if you ask me.

Orval
Paulaner Salvator
Moretti La Rosa
Alaskan Smoked Porter
Tommyknocker Cocoa Porter
Left Hand Snowbound

I totally agree with the Alaskan Choice, but the La Rosa? Makes me feel like I am at a cheap Italian joint with checkered table cloth's that is run by a Korean Family. Time and place I guess.

Be sure to keep the old eye peeled for:
Allagash Curieux
Speakeasy brewery - Hoppy
Anderson Valley Oatmeal Stout - Malty
Ballast Point Porter or IPA - Really balanced
Moose Drool - Smooth
Bear Republic Racer 5 - Hoppy
Anchor Brewing Christmas Ale - Super Spiced up
Chau Tien*** - Sierra Nevada's old brewer left and created this asian style beer up at Anderson Valley, nice guy though the beer tastes a lot like SN brewed by Budweiser.

I know this is a pretty west coast (read California) skewed list, but they are worth the time and money if you can try them once. Not sure if you wanted malty or hoppy so put up a good mix

***not a beer I really enjoyed, though interesting to see where the SN people branched

PS... our "local" bottle shop here is Beverages and More and they have a great selection of beer. Try 21st Amendment as they are in cans. Their Watermelon is unique. Click the little beer tag at the top of the page and then hit craft brew off to the left. Shipping is well priced too.

Well, I had all the best intentions of going to DaveCo Liquor in Denver. It's the worlds LARGEST liquor store. That is all fine and good, but it's to hell and gone north of where we were...nearly 30 additional Miles one way. So I went to Apple Jacks. GREAT PRICES! I got a full case (2 x 12 pack) of Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale for under $30!

Here is the Score.
again_.jpg

Case of SNCA, 2 bottles La Folie. Bunratty mead, Chaucers Mead, 2x SN Harvest Ale, 1 Ruination IPA, 2 Double Bastard, 2 Vertical Epic ( I want the rest of the series!), 2 fat tire, 2 1554, and a 6 pk of Abby Dubble!

Now I know what you are all thinking....but this is it till we do a Christmas Shopping Weekend, and I needed some duce bottles to send out with Home Brew. The Fat Tire and the 1554 were $2.50 each, and they are both quite drinkable.

I will be BREWING with the next lump of cash that I get my paws on! :D

Back