Botteling Wand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twstdproceo

Reaction score
Ok so Im not quite sure how my botteling wand works. My kit says that it is a springless wand but doesnt include any instruction on how to hook it up. It says it works with my racking tube, syphone hose, tapper and the botteling wand but im not sure how that all is suppose to work because the racking tube was used for syphoning and the tap is on the bottom of my barrel. Anyone any suggestions?

Use the tubing from your auto-siphon (or racking cane). Connect one end to your bottling wand, the other to your tap. Open the tap and the beer will press against the end of the wand causing it to close. When you push it into the bottom of the bottle, it will blow beer because of the pointy design of the end. When it is to the top, lift the wand and the flow will stop due to the pressure again on the tip of the wand.....ready for next bottle.....clear as mud?

and the wand displaces a little beer, so when you fill to the rim of the bottle, removing the wand leaves you the proper headspace for bottle conditioning/carbonation.

and the beer won't flow from the tap at first unless you have the wand's plunger depressed.

I also wouldn't open the tap all the way. a little more than half gives a quick but easy to control bottle fill. too fast and you'll overflow several, wasting beer.
precious beer....

Back