fermentation issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoavoren

Reaction score
my beer was fermenting for 5 days and after5 days the bubbles in the airlock stopped completly and after that i left the beer for the secondary fementation in the same fermenter today 10-11 days after the bubbles stopped they started again and there is about 60-80 bubblese a minute.
why is that?
10x in advance

This is a release of gases.
CO2 is produced during the fermentation. The colder the beer the more of this CO2 it will hold, and as it gets warmer it will release it.

There are two reasons it might be happening:

1. If the temperature of your beer has warmed up, even 1/2 a degree, it will release CO2 that it was able to hold at cooler temps.

2. It is also possible that your fermentation stopped and then restarted, but I doubt it.

could have happend that the the temp went 0.5 a degree up but can it release 80 bubbles a minute?
and if i open it and there is no fermentation crown in the fermentor does it say that it is only co2 getting released?

Take a FG reading. If it's high, then it's still fermenting and it needs some more time. If the FG is about right, then don't warry about it, RDWHAHB!

and last question i don't know how much sugar to add for priming the thing is i saw the nomograph in howtobrew.com but it depends on the beer temp is it the priming temp or the drinking temp?

Back