All Grain Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am open to any suggestions that involve bulk purchases. I have done a 5 Gallon Batch with 10lbs. of Vienna and 1lbs. of Munich light with Hallantaur hops. Open to any other suggestions!! Just post and I will make!!
Thanks

Erin, what part of Michigan are you from?

If you want a basic recipe that uses only 2 row and hops, you could attempt to clone Bud/miller/coors light. I think the recipe involves a clean yeast, 5lbs of 2row and about 1oz of hops added during the boil. .50oz @ 60 minutes, .25 @ 20, and .25 @ about 5mins.

Ferment at about 52* and you should be good.

Seriously.

If you want a basic recipe that uses only 2 row and hops, you could attempt to clone Bud/miller/coors light. I think the recipe involves a clean yeast, 5lbs of 2row and about 1oz of hops added during the boil. .50oz @ 60 minutes, .25 @ 20, and .25 @ about 5mins.

Seriously.

Nah, without 99% rice or corn in there it is going to have way too much malty taste to be close to BMC bathwater.

Try a SMaSH never made one but they seem to get good reviews around here.

My MO/Fuggles SMaSH was unbelievable after a few months in the bottles. When friends came over it disappeared in a flash. Plus its a great way to learn what certain grains, hops, and yeast taste like.

Seriously.

From Port Huron, Michigan area!!!
I've brewed Canadian Ale's, austrailian pale ale's, oktoberfest, 10lb. Vienna & 1 lb Munich, red stripe, amber boch, oatmeal stout, coopers sparkling ale are just some of the beer I've brewed and like!!!!!

6# MO
0.5 oz Fuggle (FWH)(90 minutes) 12.3 IBU
0.5 oz Fuggle (1 minute)
Nottingham @ 68F for 28 days

Mash Schedule
Dough in @ 104F for 20 minutes
Decoct to reach 149F hold for 60 minutes
Decoct to reach 170F hold for 10 minutes

My last brew was:

9lbs 2-row mashed at 150
1oz Columbus @ 10min
1oz Columbus @ flameout

Tastes great so far, clean and dry with plenty of hop character. Tomorrow I'm doing the same mash with the 10min addition moved to 60min and adjusted to provide the same IBUs.

Does anyone have a Coopers Pale Ale or Coopers Lager , Coopers Sparkling Ale or Coopers Vintage Ale All grain recipe? Looking for a grain bill to produce a clone of any of these:)

12lbs of 2-row
4lbs flaked maize
1lb instant rice
2.75 oz Crystal at 60 min
Mash 90 minutes at 152
Boil 90 Min
Pitch S-05 or Nottingham
This is a 10 gal batch, so you will have to alter for 5 gal. Thanks go to Biermuncher for his Cream of Three Crops recipe. I happen to love this one and just did another 10 gal this weekend.

Does anyone have a Coopers Pale Ale or Coopers Lager , Coopers Sparkling Ale or Coopers Vintage Ale All grain recipe? Looking for a grain bill to produce a clone of any of these:)
(From BYO Mar/April '09)
Coopers Sparkling Ale clone
7 lb 11 oz (3.5 Kg) Joe White Pilsner malt
10.6 oz (300g) Joe White wheat malt
7.0 oz (200g) CaraRed
(you can sub similar malts - just play with the numbers to get the same amber color)
8.4 AAU Pride of Ringwood hops (.88 oz (25g) @ 9.5% AA) [90 min]
Coopers yeast (Cheapest yeast in town, AND you get free beer with it!***)

Single infusion @148 to 150, or use step mash with a rest at 140 to 145...just something that will attenuate very well.

(*** Pour your Coopers Sparkling Ale in a nice tall frosty glass, leaving the dregs in the bottle. Swirl, and add ~2 inches of pale wort to the bottle. Cap with foil - you're only reactivating, not growing. After ~24 hrs, add to a quart of pale wort to create your starter. Pitch at high krausen - ~24-36 hrs)

Back