Dec 21 2012 Who has Plans???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's probably right, but what would they know? Didn't they have to be taught their own ancient language by researchers?

Good point. The Mayans had the wheel, but never figured out how to use it as such. Instead of putting it on a cart to haul stuff with, they made it into calendars & alterstones.

From The History Channel:
"Remarkably, the ancient Maya managed to build elaborate temples and great cities without what we would consider to be essential tools: metal and the wheel. However, they did use a number of other “modern” innovations and tools, especially in the decorative arts. For example, they built complicated looms for weaving cloth and devised a rainbow of glittery paints made from mica, a mineral that still has technological uses today."

Good point. The Mayans & Aztecs both had the wheel, but never figured out how to use it as such. Instead of putting it on a cart to haul stuff with, they made it into calendars & alterstones.

Well, I was talking about modern Mayans. I'm pretty sure they know how to change a calendar when they get a flat these days. :)

The wife and I plan to be on a beach in southern FL- I brewed an English Barleywine 2 yrs ago for that date- plan to have a bottle with me that night..

i just wanna protect me and mine... got a few firearms that should the trick. not lookin' to score any loot, but might need to get some food or supplies. word on the street is that an electrical storm on the sun could knock out power. in that case people will probably freak out and riot... because people are pretty dumb. put that together with a mob mentality and you have a very dangerous situation.

I will be brewing the "Hopocalypse" IPA tomorrow. Which means with a 2 week primary, dry hop 2nd week, and 2 weeks bottle conditioning, it should be ready for a taste on exactly the 21st. I'd already planned to do this, and the name (although I'm sure others have used it before me) before I read this thread, and found out the date we're all gonna die.... haha total coincidence.....

I will be brewing the "Hopocalypse" IPA tomorrow. Which means with a 2 week primary, dry hop 2nd week, and 2 weeks bottle conditioning, it should be ready for a taste on exactly the 21st. I'd already planned to do this, and the name (although I'm sure others have used it before me) before I read this thread, and found out the date we're all gonna die.... haha total coincidence.....

awesome name.

Aren't there only 3 weeks till the 21st starting tomorrow? :drunk:

Aren't there only 3 weeks till the 21st starting tomorrow? :drunk:

balls......

oh well I'll still have a taste on the 21st. the idea's in my head now. maybe I should change the name to the green death? the flattener? the young reaper?

Gonna load up a couple extra mags just in case some dumb asses get any stupid ideas.

I am all ready for the 21st. I was at Wegman's today and bought the last bottle of "La Fin Du Monde" that they had on their shelf. Now I will be waiting for the zombies. Let the apocalypse begin!!!

This. It seems to be the only appropriate beer to be drank on such a day. On December 22, 2012, I am going to drink my Citra Pale. Yay!

Noticed that you're in GR. Hop Cat is planning some 'end of the world' event with a special brew from Left Hand (I think). If I'm in town, I'm going to check that out hopefully.

I'm just going to be drinking quietly froma couple of bottles of my 3yr JAOM.
You curl? How cool! It's something I'd love to learn but having slipped on the ice years ago and seriously screwed up my knee I'm afraid of icy surfaces. I actually squeal like a little girl if my foot touches ice...

I can't even imagine you squealing, let alone like a little girl. Up here we are working on our ice walks, driving on our ice roads and playing in our ice yards. It hasn't been above single digits in almost a month. -1F here yesterday and -40 in Fairbanks.

Wow, the batteries in your sarcasm detector must be out of juice, if you can't detect it in this thread....
;)

Or leap years even.

tumblr_m0fj4biJuX1r8exiko1_400.jpg

Did you look at this closely? Unless I am wrong the 514 leap year days would be subtracted not added. So the current date would be about July, 2010. So we have about 17 months to live.

Did you look at this closely? Unless I am wrong the 514 leap year days would be subtracted not added. So the current date would be about July, 2010. So we have about 17 months to live.

I think the date accounts for the leap year already. The date of the new b'ak'tun isn't exactly in dispute as far as I understand it.

You curl? How cool! It's something I'd love to learn but having slipped on the ice years ago and seriously screwed up my knee I'm afraid of icy surfaces. I actually squeal like a little girl if my foot touches ice...

Curling its awesome. They let you drink while you curl too. Best sport ever - and i'm not even Canadian.

Driving to my Fiance's house for xmas. Then probably drinking. Will have the gun with me just in case some crazy dude forgets his meds that day. She lives in the woods in a well off neigborhood outside a city so who knows what will happen. Nothing an AR can't handle..

CoalCracker said:
Driving to my Fiance's house for xmas. Then probably drinking. Will have the gun with me just in case some crazy dude forgets his meds that day. She lives in the woods in a well off neigborhood outside a city so who knows what will happen. Nothing an AR can't handle..

If you just drive around with an AR, I'm thinking it's YOU we have to be worried about ;)

Back