Dirty Hoe(ses)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewrican

Reaction score
I was very lazy the last time i moved my beer and my hoses are dirty. The racking cane and hose was half in water half not and has a grimy look to it and the blow off was just in water for about 2 months.

Can I just throw it all in a bucket of oxyclean free and then rinse it and let it dry?

The blow off tubes are like 12 bucks - the other tubing is cheaper but i dont want to waste money as my beer budget is shriking now that the wifey is (intentionally) knocked up.

Thanks guys!

Congrats on the baby. I soak mine in oxy-clean. My transfer hose is a little dis-coloered but I haven't had any problems.

I read that as intentionally "locked up" for some reason, that's a lot different, congratulations.

You may be able to get by with cleaning the blow off tube, but the others that contact the beer during transfers I would probably replace. The ocyclean may not be able to get into the narrower that well, and why take the chance on something that is like $0.25 per foot at HD.

I read that as intentionally "locked up" for some reason, that's a lot different, congratulations.

You may be able to get by with cleaning the blow off tube, but the others that contact the beer during transfers I would probably replace. The ocyclean may not be able to get into the narrower that well, and why take the chance on something that is like $0.25 per foot at HD.

sounds like a good compromise to me...:rockin:

Thanks for the congrats... we are really really excited!

Back