Making a Rasberry Wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainebrew

Reaction score
I have a wheat in the primary now and tuesday will be a week I usually put in a secondary after I get to my fg. With this wheat beer I have some rasberry extract in a small bottle to add, should this be done in the secondary or can I add it now and let it sit on the cake for 2 more weeks. It makes sense to rack it into the secondary to get some sort of mixing action but I am up for suggestions

:tank:

In general you mix it right before bottling or kegging. So drop into your keg or bottling bucket. I dropped it in right with my priming sugar. racking on top of it should mix it, but I gently stir the bottling bucket just in case.

I have always used raspberries in the secondary for my Ras Ale. It's in my Recipe List. You can look at that to see how I do it. :mug:

I did a cherry wheat with extract a couple of months ago.

I mixed the extract with a little vodka (to "kill the germs") and dumped it into the keg about halfway through racking. I was worried I might get pure extract up the dip tube, so dumped it into the middle.

Back