Belgian Triple vs Belgian Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elgee

Reaction score
I have a question on the flavor differences between a belgian triple and a belgian wheat. Does the triple taste similar, not a huge hef. fan but curious if the triple is a similar flavor, guessing similar due to the yeast?

A belgian wit shouldn't taste anything like a hefe, not should a tripel taste like a wit. Westmalle Tripel is the benchmark for the style and not terribly hard to find. Wits are brewed with wit yeast, a tripel should be brewed with an abbey yeast.

I saw a triple kit from Midwest Supplies that used t-58. I have used that before for a belgian wheat, so thought it will have similar flavor profile.

I saw a triple kit from Midwest Supplies that used t-58. I have used that before for a belgian wheat, so thought it will have similar flavor profile.

I like t-58 well enough. I was confused by what you meant by 'Belgian wheat', For a tripel I'd suggest pitching around 64 and holding it there for the first 48 hrs before letting the temp rise.

Back