minneapolis/st paul?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakeman_Brewing

Reaction score
im fairly new to the minneapolis/ st paul area and im wondering if any of you folks in the twin cities could suggest any brew pubs or good pubs in general?

I don't live there but my corporate headquarters is there and I get to visit a few times a year. I stopped at the Northern Brewer store and asked them for a recommendation and they told me to go to Town Hall Brewery. Love the IPA. I have been there 3 times and haven't had a bad beer yet. With any luck, I will be there Monday night.

I really like Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery. I used to REALLY like Sherlock's Home out in Minnetonka. I hear it's no longer there which is too bad. :(

Williams Uptown Pub also had a great beer selection IIRC.

I can't remember the name of it, but I always hung out in that sports bar named after a football player. It's on the opposite side of E35 as the bestwestern in Egan.

BTW, what's the traffic like there since that bridge collapsed?

Joe Sensers? Thats a pretty cool sports bar if thats the one your talking about.

Personally the bridge collapse doesnt really effect my commute, I live and work in the western burbs of Minneapolis, it does make a HUGE detour for people in the east part of Minneapolis though.

mr_stimey said:
Joe Sensers? Thats a pretty cool sports bar if thats the one your talking about.

Personally the bridge collapse doesnt really effect my commute, I live and work in the western burbs of Minneapolis, it does make a HUGE detour for people in the east part of Minneapolis though.
Yeah, Joe Sensers, that's the one!

Oh, the west side of Minneapolis...in that case I always hung out at the Green Mill not that special, just happened to be at my hotel.

Muddy Pig
Happy Gnome
are my two favorites located in St. Paul and very close to each other (sweeny's is in the area to just down dale and has a great pation for summetime)

some others I frequent
Triple Rock
Kierans
The Local
pshyco suzies
Kips Irish pub

check out these two sites
http://www.mplshappyhour.com/ this one list all happy hours and such

http://twincitiesbeer.com/blog/ This is a great one and list at what bars to find good microbrews

Any questions on the area just pm me

Back