Wife made me a carboy cover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubberJ

Reaction score
Rupal, my wife, loves to sew and I was trying to figure out how to leverage it into some brewing items and this was my first. She did a great job on the first prototype.

052711170349nn.jpg

2011-05-27_16-59-03_379.jpg

Looks amazing. Read her name as ru Paul at first glance. My wife knits too but said a cover would take a long time. Might have to make one myself...

That looks so much better than my cardboard box with a hole cut in it. You might consider selling those. I bet they'd go like hotcakes. If you could incorporate the ability to lift the carboy with it, I'd take two.

That looks pretty nice.

To bad Boucher let to many by this year. I always like watching Boucher. One day hes amazing the next day he lets 5 goals in.

Go Canucks Go

I've been wondering where RuPaul has been (not really). Not surprising to find out that he sews. :)

Eagles cover ?? This could be a cottage industry

Getting licensed by the NFL costs a fortune now... You used to be able to do it for less than 10K.. Now you have to prove that you can produce at least 100K units and something like a half million in sales for a minimum of the next three years... IOW, you have to be a decent sized established manufacturer...

I looked into it a few years ago for some product ideas I have.. (good ones too), but then read all the requirements and dropped the idea...

The only way I see around it, is if you were to make items with 'customer supplied' artwork.. Then it's 'their' deal...

I would definitely like to have a couple of those in silver and black though.. The Raider Shield would look Badass on those! LOL

I gotta buy me a sewing machine one of these days.. I need covers for a lot of stuff..

But I've noticed that them wife things are pretty handy though... especially the ones that like homebrewing and fishing...

I would definitely like to have a couple of those in silver and black though.. The Raider Shield would look Badass on those! LOL

Unfortunately a silver and black radiers theme would be impossible. That would definitely skunk the beer. I would suggest some blue, gold, and white to protect the beer.

Very cool cover, that will match our Stanley cup for the 2011-12 season, Jaromir Jagr on the Fly Guys? I think the Hockey Gods are finally smiling on us!

brewyou said:
Very cool cover, that will match our Stanley cup for the 2011-12 season, Jaromir Jagr on the Fly Guys? I think the Hockey Gods are finally smiling on us!

Some serious wishful thinking. You know he is like 50 years old and you got rid of your two best players? Good luck making the playoffs.

The carboy cover sucks :p

PS ill take a Penguins one....

Boys, it's hockey . . . a carboy "sweater" please. Plus, if someone is going to invest the time making a sweater, it should be for a decent team . . . I suggest the Chicago Blackhawks ; )

Blackhawks are terrible but not as bad as the pens....the cover looks awesome....i like the trades and jagr will be a great influence on the new young guys

Flyerskid716 said:
Blackhawks are terrible but not as bad as the pens....the cover looks awesome....i like the trades and jagr will be a great influence on the new young guys

They suck real bad. Have fun with the early golf season btw.

What's the point of a carboy cover? Does it serve some purpose?

• Sewing practice.
  • Ferment in the sunshine.
  • Makeshift pillow when camping.
  • Hide your valuable beer during its pupa stage from pesky roommates (use camo cloth)
  • Sew in a pocket for a thermometer.
  • Seasonal covers from the Martha Stewart collection
  • Privacy screen for copulating yeast - they reproduce faster of course

brewyou said:

You'd best keep adding numbers to those years. This rounds going to the 'nucks. As soon as we can get rid of our over-priced goalie... Somewhat probe to acute aspiration.

Back