Auber PID + RTD pt100 sensor issues.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottSA

Reaction score
this is what my pid displays:

its the Auber 2352 with the 1/4" liquid tight RTD from auber as well. The instructions ellude to there being an issue with the sensor.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, i realize it was in manual mode, but it doesn't really seem to matter what setting i put it in, it won't do anything, not even switch the SSR on.

I've got it wired as instructed. Red wires to 3/4 and white wire to 5. I also tried every other combo. no dice.

I have an Auber PID and had some questions about the hook up. I called them and got answers pretty quick. They also answered my emails in minutes (on the weekend).

They had a new manual that didn't ship with my order. They emailed me the new one once we determined I didn't have the latest.

Here is the link to the Auber instruments contact us page

I had an error with one of the RTD probes (4") which was a result of two wires breaking the solder and no longer connecting to the probe. Issue was found when I took the back connector off and saw the loose wires.

Was it the 2" or 4" with the 1/4" thread that you have?

If you have an ohm meter disconnect the wires. Measure the resistance between the red wires. Should be close to 0 ohms. Measure from the white wires to the red wire. Should be near 150 ohms or so (100 ohms at 32F).

yeah i checked the RTD probe and the resistances were fine. turns out the controller is bad. They had me short pin 4&5 and set the Sn value to 0. when you do that it should read ambient temp, instead it was some screwy number. Sending it back tomorrow :p

So Auber was really awesome. I sent back the PID, they told me the sticker was on backwards. They refunded my shipping costs and sent me a new PID. Works great! Thanks for the great service Auber!

Back