Update

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locorcr

Reaction score
Just bottled first batch Wed night, went fairly smooth, only broke one bottle top with the wing capper thinking it was a weak bottle for some reason. Used the counter top and dishwasher method that I read on here (forget from who) and it worked great so thank you for that. Hydrometer sample really tasted like flat beer so i am excited and 3 weeks (minimum I know) and a taste test.....:ban:

I'm in your same boat only a few days ahead. I pulled a bottle after the 2 day condition mark to see how it's turning. After an addition 48hr fridge time, I thought it was pretty decent. I plan on doing another tasting at the 1 week condition mark and then the 2 week condition mark. I can't wait till the magic week 3 hits... 2 weeks to go.

3 weeks is just a rough guideline, depending on lots of other factors. If it's a high gravity brew, it will probably take longer. I've had beers well-carbed in two weeks; others took a month or more. Only taste will tell for sure. Congrats on bottling your first batches. Now the next few weeks will go by really slowly. Time to brew another batch. :mug:

I have AHS American Amber Ale just waiting to be started, Might do this weekend:)

Bottled batch 3 just now, batch 1 is almost 2 weeks in the bottle and batch 2 (and 2.5) are almost 1 week.

Had to marinade a ribeye last week so I cracked open one of the batch 1 bottles. And well I drank some, and it was good!

Oddly enough I just had to marinade some more ribeye (hey it was on sale for $4.99 a pound) tonight and I opened a bottle of batch 2 and 2.5 just to see. Batch 2.5 (Mr Beer WCPA) is way undercarbed and not at all good yet. Batch 2 however (Cooper's Irish Stout) I am still slowly sipping on because it's REALLY good and I'm enjoying every drop!

I have a Northern Brewer AG and a BMW AG premilled sitting ready. Think I'll do the Imperial Stout from Northern Brewer tomorrow and the Doppel Bock from BMW next weekend.

It's addicting!

Dang.. 3 weeks!
I always crack open my first beer after 7-10 days of carbonating. If they are at acceptable levels, then I keep drinking :) And yes, usually they are at least mostly carbonated!

Congrats!

My first batch was gone within like two weeks of bottling, and I enjoyed it even with the green taste. Now, I'm more apt to follow johndeere's schedule of having one every week to see how it's coming along, and to see how it changes over time.

Back