EdWort is a mother f***er

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louie0202

Reaction score
So last night came home from watching football, decided I show have some Apfelwein. Well I know how potent it is and I even attatch Ed's label to every bottle. I pour myself a glass and then a second glass (mind you its stored in a wine bottle) Next thing I know it's midnight and the bottle is empty. I promptly took some Ibuprofen and a large glass of water. Slept for ****, no real hangover though. But Apfelwein does have that way of making you not realize you drank the whole bottle.

Ship me your remaining stock and I will take care of it so you will never have this problem again.

We know, we know....

ApfelweinWarning.jpg

apfelwein9.jpg

apfelwein22.jpg

Eh it's only half the strength of most commercial wines. I always drink the whole bottle, only equates to two glasses of wine in my mind and no worry about wasting it.

The top label is actually on every bottle I have ;P I think all the Oktoberfest I drank prior to my Apfelwein didn't help the matter :p

Just got some of this fermenting about a week and a half ago. Can't wait to chance the opportunity to call EdWort a Mother F*&*er

the real question is how you woke up and got on HBT to post this at 8am after an alleged night of apfelwine brutality. I suspect exaggeration of drunkenness!

Eh it's only half the strength of most commercial wines. I always drink the whole bottle, only equates to two glasses of wine in my mind and no worry about wasting it.

your average commercial wines down in kemah are 18%? don't think so. been there many times. edwort's tasty apfelwein is about 9%, which is full strength

Got something that could qualify as apfelwein on the go...

I'd be curious to see how it compares to the 16% mead that I made a few years back, or even the Acerglyn i just opened up (3 years old :D, aprox 15% abv) both of those are light, fairly dry and go down like water.

The problem with apfelwein is that it's so tasty and easy to drink that it's really hard to stop after one. I will soon be making a 14 gallon batch of this in a demijon so i don't run out so fast.

I never took gravity readings on mine, I think mine is more like 7%...doesn't feel like a 9 or 10% to be honest...good stuff just goes down way too easily. Then POW!

I make mine closer to 11% or so. I love the stuff. It is so easy and cheap. I use table sugar and Premier Cuvee yeast. I just had a little over a quart and I'm feeling pretty good right now.

Holy balls. Two pints of my supposed 9% Edworts tonight (after an IPA with dinner). Tomorrow morning I will not a happy man be.

That said, this stuff is amazing. Just ordered the necessary yeast/corn sugar to make another batch next week.

Latest posts

Back