What the Heck are these??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying to put these ingredients into BeerSmith, and cannot find thier equivelant. Could someone help me??

5.5 lbs Weyermann Pale Wheat
4 lbs Durst Pilsen

5.0 lbs Weyermann Dark Wheat
3.5 lbs Durst Pilsen
1.0 lbs Durst Dark Munich
.5 lbs Weyerman Caramunich II
.25 lbs Dingemans Special B

I am just trying to put this in the computer program and print some directions, as well as a record of the brew.
Thanks for the help

Josh

Which ones can't you find? It doesn't show brand names, but it has a listing for all of those except CaraMunich II. Make sure you have a relatively recent version. Pick Help | About. They're up to version 1_40 Build 33.

If you have more specs on each one, you can create your own grains as well. From the left pane pick Grains & Extracts. There you can create a new Grain or Extract from the button at the top, or just copy/paste a similar one and change the values. For example, the Weyermann website has a table with the specs for CaraMunch I, II and III, here. So you could add them to the list. It's basically just their version of a Crystal/Caramel malt, so you could copy one of the existing ones and add the appropriate Lovibond range.

I downloaded the latest version, but I am still confused.
Is the " 4 lbs Durst Pilsen" thats listed on the recipe (no other info listed) the same as "Pilsner (2 row) GER, on the Beer Smith Program.

Is "malt" the same as wheat?

What could I use as the caramunich malt II.??

Thanks for the help, I know these are noob q's.

Sherpa FE said:
I am trying to put these ingredients into BeerSmith, and cannot find thier equivelant. Could someone help me??

5.5 lbs Weyermann Pale Wheat
4 lbs Durst Pilsen

5.0 lbs Weyermann Dark Wheat
3.5 lbs Durst Pilsen
1.0 lbs Durst Dark Munich
.5 lbs Weyerman Caramunich II
.25 lbs Dingemans Special B

I am just trying to put this in the computer program and print some directions, as well as a record of the brew.
Thanks for the help

Josh
Use:
Wheat Malt, Dark (Germany) for the Weyermann Dark Wheat
Wheat Malt, Ger (Germany) for the Weyermann Pale Wheat
Pilsner 2-Row (Ger)
Caramunich II is Type II Munich, Use Munich Malt - 20

Thanks for all the replies, you guys ALWAYS come to the rescue.

Last Q for the night I think,

Is there a Dark Munch 40 EBC, equivilant?

Thanks again

OK,
I am oficially stupid. I just went to the Beersmith page, and downloaded the latest grains for Durst, and Dingemans.
LOL, I need another beer I think.
Josh

Bier Muncher, and all the other guys. Thanks for the help.

Sherpa FE said:
OK,
I am oficially stupid. I just went to the Beersmith page, and downloaded the latest grains for Durst, and Dingemans.
LOL, I need another beer I think.
Josh

Bier Muncher, and all the other guys. Thanks for the help.

No. You are not stupid.

This hobby can become technical really fast. There is another thread here somewhere suggesting we begin to work together to add ingredients to Beer Smith so all can benefit.

The software is great. And you are not stupid.

Back