how do I get this pt100 into my HLT?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do these thermowells work? How accurate will the temp-readings be? If it's air inside the well and I stick my probe in it I can't see that the reading will be very responsive.

I found out you can get the sensors I got in a threaded 1/2" NPT version. So I'll just get a couple of those and I'm all good :)

Just purchase a tube of Thermal Grease to provide absolute contact between the probe and the thermal well.

Problem solved..

P-J

Ooo! Cool! Nice product. Is this something that you would standardly use on any thermometer or probe setup in a thermowell?

I can't see the scenario where I don't want the increased conductivity here.

Ooo! Cool! Nice product. Is this something that you would standardly use on any thermometer or probe setup in a thermowell?

I can't see the scenario where I don't want the increased conductivity here.
Yes. You would want to use it where a temp probe is inserted in a tube that is not bonded to the probe.

Most of the probes available -like this on:

PT100-L100M14a.jpg

are bonded within the probe thus presenting no problems.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

P-J

Yes. You would want to use it where a temp probe is inserted in a tube that is not bonded to the probe.

Most of the probes available -like this on:

PT100-L100M14a.jpg

are bonded within the probe thus presenting no problems.

I hope this makes sense and helps.

P-J

What kind of sensor is that? I'm on the lookout for a Pt-100 with XLR connector (or another, as long as I can disconnect it for kettle cleaning). but haven't been able to find a pt-100 with that option.

I found them by accident myself. Excellent small pieces of equipment :)

Latest posts

Back