7 Month Beer for my Birthday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo1337

Reaction score
So I thought that I would start thinking of a beer to brew. My birthday is in late October, and would like to have a great beer for the occasion. I won't be able to brew this until April 2nd. I also am moving in early September, so it has to be bottled 6 moths after brewing, if not earlier. I am thinking that I want a 3 gal batch for various reasons, including transport to my new place, and an excuse to get a 3 gal carboy for secondary.

Does anyone have a style/recipie that would be good for this. I have no idea what direction I want to go, but I am definitly thinking heavier/ higher OG. I think that a barleywine might not be ready in 7 months, but if anyone has ideas, please let me know. Thanks for the help.

you can have a barleywine ready in under 7 months, esp an English one. it'll just keep getting better after

Back