at what increment should I increase fermenting temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jourelemode

Reaction score
just ordered a heating belt...should arrive tomorrow afternoon.

i got a quad fermenting right now and its been steady since saturday night. Saturday morning it was a very active fermentation and mellowed down to its current status. I'm getting about a bubble per second and its been like that since saturday evening.

during the hight of fermentation the temp was at 76-78*F and slowly dropped to 68-70*F in the following two days. It has remained at that temperature since, and that is the temp I keep my house. I want to get the banana, and bubblegum flavors from the yeast that i used with this which is 3787. What schedule should I do to increase the temp??? thanks

Esters and Phenols are generally produced in the growth phase of the yeast cycle. If that phase has passed and fermentation phase has begun in earnest, it may be too late.

But 2 degree per hour is common.

Esters and Phenols are generally produced in the growth phase of the yeast cycle. If that phase has passed and fermentation phase has begun in earnest, it may be too late.

But 2 degree per hour is common.

oh really? darn, I thought that if you make it warmer during anytime of the fermentation, the yeast would produce those flavors. So its only during the time when they are multiplying?? So does that mean that if my pitch rate was on point, even if the temp was higher, it wouldn't create those flavors since there is no growth phase?

oh really? darn, I thought that if you make it warmer during anytime of the fermentation, the yeast would produce those flavors. So its only during the time when they are multiplying?? So does that mean that if my pitch rate was on point, even if the temp was higher, it wouldn't create those flavors since there is no growth phase?

so anyone got an answer to this question above ???

Back