10G "Corny" parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indiana Red

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My beer out post is leaking and I am having trouble finding the correct replacement parts. the leak is from the center "pin" so it is the poppet that is not sealing. the tiny rubber ring on it does feel very hard and old.
I am comparing the posts with the ones from my other 5G kegs and they are unique. Both from the 10G have plastic inserts in the posts that make the bottom of the poppets sit deeper. Also the poppet valves have onger, or taller "legs" than the ones from the 5Gs.
Anyone know of a source for these special poppets or even the whole post?
The common online supply sites list usually 2-3 types. Firestone and Challenger mainly. But none of them look quite right. Nor do they mention specific 10G applications.

I can post pics if nec.

Thanks

Try going over to the classifieds and looking up Terry (handle: Pedalbiker) He's an active member of the forum and also has a website and ebay store. He recently brought on some 10g cornies, I do believe. You could try shooting him a PM and seeing what he has to say.

OK, Firestone. and the posts have weird little plastic inserts that sit on top of the tub flair and just below the popit valve. Its like a spacer or something. Never seen things liek that in the half dozen 5-gal cornys I have.

Back