FT: Pliny, Blind Pig ISO: ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

invictusbrew

Reaction score
As the title states, I have a few bottles of both Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig from Russian River (and usually get more every other week or so). I would really like to trade for some other big guys - heady, zombie dust, etc etc, however, I am always interested in good local beers from around the US. In turn I will also be happy to trade some of the beers from local breweries around here - all pretty good, some great.

Let me know what you have and lets work something out!

I have 2 gumballhead and a heady. Also willing trade locals as well. You cali local?

I am, Southwest Los Angeles. PM me what you think is a fair trade and let me know what types of beers you like best so that I can recommend some locals if you're interested in any of that as well.

Thanks for the offers both of you, as well as the other folks who PM'd me. I am interested in these trades, but am on a business trip until Wednesday. If you don't mind waiting until then for me to get back to you, we will discuss the trades then. Thank you for understanding.

Frank

Alright, sorry for the delay everyone. Back now, I have 6 Pliny and depending on your taste for local beers I can recommend quite a few good options there as well. Those of you who have PM'd me, I will be getting back to you shortly.

IMG_2038_zpskh1prtrx.jpg

Thanks for all the interest everyone, I think I may be out of Pliny by the time I work things out with those of you I have been PMing. If I have not responded to you yet or for anyone coming late to the party, I can get Pliny/Blind Pig usually every other week. So if you're interested, PM me and we can work something out for a couple weeks from now.

Everyone I've PM'd, disregard the wait mentioned above, have enough to get you all at least one (my wife grabbed a couple more bottles this afternoon).

IMG_2080_zps6xo7pdi1.jpg

It's like Christmas in July! ...err, I mean, June. And I've got another package coming in today! Thanks to everyone I've traded with so far, I hope you are all enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine.

On a side note, I was able to pick up another dozen Pliny today... Apparently the store I usually buy them at got sick of sending people to the back to retrieve the bottles, so they just put them out on the shelf! Before anyone asks, no, I didn't grab them all. As much as I may have wanted to.

So, if you haven't traded with me yet and wanted to, please let me know. 4 of the 12 are currently spoken for.

Cheers!

I wasn't sure what to send you hope you were happy I am with what you sent me. Thanks for a good trade.

Absolutely! Thank you so much! The six pack holders were a really nice touch by the way, I never would have thought to send something like that, but very cool to be able to see!

Thanks again! :rockin:

That's a lot of corn sugar. Most single IPA recipes don't use any. It's much more commonly used in double IPAs, with starting gravities above 1.070 and they still want to finish around 1.010.

I've also never heard of using acidulated malt in an extract recipe. It's usually used to lower PH in the mash in all-grain recipes.

I'd skip all the corn sugar and make it up with more DME. I'd also skip the acidulated malt. The rest looks good.

Also...when I was doing extract brews, my beers were overly "minerally", from the minerals in my water AND the minerals in the extract. So, the brew had basically double the minerals. Consider using distilled or Reverse-Osmosis water, and I bet your brews will improve.

My fav. of the lot was the Hop Rod Rye from Bear Republic - followed by Pliny then the White Sand....

Yeah, Bear Republic makes some pretty good stuff. Racer 5 is also very good. Glad you enjoyed, I have been enjoying the stuff you sent me as well! That "stout" was pretty dang good ;) :mug:

That's a lot of corn sugar. Most single IPA recipes don't use any. It's much more commonly used in double IPAs, with starting gravities above 1.070 and they still want to finish around 1.010.

I've also never heard of using acidulated malt in an extract recipe. It's usually used to lower PH in the mash in all-grain recipes.

I'd skip all the corn sugar and make it up with more DME. I'd also skip the acidulated malt. The rest looks good.

Also...when I was doing extract brews, my beers were overly "minerally", from the minerals in my water AND the minerals in the extract. So, the brew had basically double the minerals. Consider using distilled or Reverse-Osmosis water, and I bet your brews will improve.

I think you must have stumbled into the wrong thread, friend. :tank:

Back