3/4" Camlock hose barb size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumbo_tron

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Chugger center inlet pump with the 3/4" mnpt threads. I currently am using a 3/4" to 1/2" reducing coupling to 1/2" camlock. In an effort to reduce fittings and threads in my currently being built system I am looking into the 3/4" camlock to 3/4" hose barb fitting at proflow. Does anyone have any experience with these, specifically if 1/2" silicone will fit over the barb?

What would be really nice is if someone came up with a 3/4" fnpt to 1/2" cam lock fitting. ;)

Since no one has replied I think I will order the 3/4" camlocks Monday and test it for myself. Will report back for anyone interested.

Will be curious to see how this works out. I don't know anything about your system, but my Sanke 10gal system is all 1/2", and I will say that my March 815 pumps are overkill most of the time. I can't imagine going larger. . .would just lead to more stuck mashes (I think). . .
good luck!
p

Not going bigger on the whole system just on the cam locks connecting to the pump to eliminate an extra fitting in the mix. Will post here as soon as I get them.

Well I received my 3/4" camlocks from Proflow today. I took a few pictures for comparison. The barb on them is very long with two barbs, I ended up taking the Dremel and trimming it down to only 1 barb and I am pretty pleased with the results.

Not only does this eliminate the reducer but it also shortens up the assembly a bit. One note is that it comes with a black rubber gasket. If I would've looked more carefully on their website I would've seen the 3/4" clear silicon gaskets are not included but they do sell them separately.

By no means am I trying to knock BobbyM's fittings here, I love his custom 1/2" stuff and am using quite a few of them. Just pointing out another option for the center inlet Chuggers.

Original length

1 Barb removed

Length

1/2" tubing fits very snug. Wetting the barb helps the tubing on, kind of a bear to take back off but I carefully used a screwdriver to pry it down far enough to pull it off.

Back