cold conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDey

Reaction score
Some time in the fridge seems to have helped the yeast drop out of suspension and has made the beer taste pretty nice. Right now I have a fridge pretty much comitted to beer-not fit for lagering whole carboys (yet), but pretty much at my disposal.

My question is is cold conditioning ever a bad idea (after a week or so at 70 for carbonation)? Once it's cold, will warming it again up have any ill-effects?

No negative effects that I can think of. If it is an ale, just ensure that fermentation is over.

I've taken to cold conditioning my beers at 55 degrees and its made a lot of difference. Just make sure the carbonation is complete (a week or so at 70) before dropping it, or it'll be flat.

In my case, I found that the raised floor in my datacenter is the perfect height for a case of beer. Nothing like conditioning your homebrew with 45 tons of HVAC. =)

-D

Llarian said:
In my case, I found that the raised floor in my datacenter is the perfect height for a case of beer. Nothing like conditioning your homebrew with 45 tons of HVAC. =)

-D

That might be the greatest thing ive ever heard. You have floor space for rent? :)

Well, technically if you rent a rack, I'm sure we'd consider the space below it fair game as well. :p

Back