Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually make the labels before I make the beers. Anyhow this is for one that I will be brewing tomorrow.

DIPAv2.jpg

My mom came to visit me in Japan in a few months ago and sent me a drawing she did after she got home so I used it as the label of my Mono No Aware Pale Ale. Mono No Aware is a Japanese phrase that basically is about the passing of all things. It's seen in their love of the cherry blossoms, a tree whose flowers bloom for only one week a year, and the country basically goes nuts for the trees that whole week. Anyways it's an interesting look into Japanese culture Here the wiki on it And since I only brew small batches so they don't last long I thought I'd name a beer after it.

That's a great tribute to your mother and your culture Nomofett... Excellent job!

My mom came to visit me in Japan in a few months ago and sent me a drawing she did after she got home so I used it as the label of my Mono No Aware Pale Ale. Mono No Aware is a Japanese phrase that basically is about the passing of all things. It's seen in their love of the cherry blossoms, a tree whose flowers bloom for only one week a year, and the country basically goes nuts for the trees that whole week. Anyways it's an interesting look into Japanese culture Here the wiki on it And since I only brew small batches so they don't last long I thought I'd name a beer after it.

mono-no-aware-64829.png

Great label! I am wondering, though, how you had an original gravity of 1.014 and got almost 6% ABV?!

Dang, I'd really like to figure out any way to make those at home. Well anyways, I like you labels either way.

Here are some labels I've made for some friends who also homebrew. Their last names are Brewer (really!) and Gilchrist, hence Brewchrist. The playing around with Biblical names and iconography-stylized art ensued from there.

B9bXheOCUAEisxT.png

B9bnZs9CUAExKbA.png

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to stylize the labels for my own homebrew! But drawing stuff for my friends is certainly good practice.

Yeah, I wanna find a way to fold my own up or something like that. I've seen where you can get blank ones online but shipping just kills me (I live overseas)

Here is what I made last night.. The only thing I dont like is the Square1 logo.. The color of the square indicates the approximate SRM of the beer.. so my red ales have red squares etc.

eztras-twisted-cream-64913.jpg

Here are some labels I've made for some friends who also homebrew. Their last names are Brewer (really!) and Gilchrist, hence Brewchrist. The playing around with Biblical names and iconography-stylized art ensued from there.

B9bXheOCUAEisxT.png

B9bnZs9CUAExKbA.png

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to stylize the labels for my own homebrew! But drawing stuff for my friends is certainly good practice.

that guy looks like Boomhauer on King of the Hill

Potential final draft of my label for my very first rims biab with red x malt.apocalypse copy.jpg
I named it this because I'm sure all he!! is gonna break loose on brewday in a couple of weeks

Got snowed in yesterday so here's two I came up with.

The wine is dragon's blood, but the crowd around here that drinks it would likely turn their nose up at that name.

Its the berries label.jpg

LHMS label.jpg

Made my first labels for a homebrew comp at my local pub. Let's hope the beers do well. My first competition! Winner has a commercial batch of their beer made at a local microbrewery!

Punkin' Ale- printing size 7x9 cm.png

Watermelon Label draft 3 - printing size 7x9 cm.png

Two Hemispheres Label draft 17 - printing size 7x9cm.png

Green and Gold Hefeweizen draft 5 - printing size 7x9 cm.png

My god they're huge! What have i done? haha Any advice for next time I post a photo?

Use your favorite photo editing software to resize the images. This usually comes with an option to maintain the original aspect ratio, so you don't have to do any math.

Brew on :mug:

Back