Fermentis S-23

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Msbeer

Reaction score
Son thought he might like to start brewing so bought him a MR Beer Keg. His home temp is in the mid 50's all the time so I picked a yeast that would work in that temp range. used S-23 I understand that this is a larger yeast. Put the keg in the garage and this morning the digital thermometer is reading 53 with a couple of inches of krausen on top. From what I have read that is where this yeast should be.

Would it be alright just to maintain this temp for 2 or 3 weeks and just bottle? We have no other container to transfer too and larger.

With that system and kit (Good for beginning by the way) it should be fine. Be aware though if it turns out good this will only be the beginning, i. e. If you are funding this, you may want said son to supplement the funding.

For instance, people (unnamed) have gone to the extent of building their own brewhouse and/or brewpub, complete with seperate fermentation room, brewing room, etc, all for the purpose of home brewing.

Keep on brewing my friend.

Edit: There is a sticky at the top of the beginners section devoted entirely to Mr. Beer.

Back