Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a close second is Xingu...a bar near me has a beer passport where you get to drink beers from all over the world and when you get 32 beers you get a free t-shirt...people do this over months or even years...since me and my friends are pure geniuses we decide to do this in one day...xingu happened to be my 28th beer of the night and even then it tasted like smoked meat filtered with dirty water thru an old sock...needless to say..despite my efforts my night ended at 28...no shirt...no glory...no way I'll ever drink that beer again

Milwaukee Special Reserve has got to be the most cheaply made P!$$water I've ever ingested.

Try a case of Buckhorn if they still make it, brings disgusting to new levels!

Good God, Yes!

Somebody bought a 12 pack of this when I was in college 40 years ago and I can still remember how bad it was. We were college kids and we couldn't choke it down. It was so bad that we had trouble shotgunning it.

Terrible.

A local brewer where I live, called Fort Garry Brewing (makes good stuff), except this budget beer they make...the name escapes me. But it was the most rancid pollcat tasting beer ever. Tasted like beer had been filtered through a used adult diaper, I swear.

It has to be the smoked sour I had at Wild Haven in GA a few years ago for my birthday. It was like a mouthful of smoked salmon flavored beer. The remainder of the glass made it into their landscaping and I didn't stray from the standard ipa, stout, etc. for the rest of the evening.

Worst commercial beer I've ever had was when I was underage in the 80s. It was called "Stag's" something beer. It was terrible

Probably one of the most disappointing "crafty" commercial breweries is, IMHO, Leinenkugel. I know people who love their stuff, but the only beer of theirs that I've ever enjoyed was a summer shandy, and I guess I was just in the right mood that day because I've tried it since and it wasn't great.

To each their own, I know plenty of people who swear by their stuff so that just built it up in my mind, but now it just isn't for me.

Probably one of the most disappointing "crafty" commercial breweries is, IMHO, Leinenkugel. I know people who love their stuff, but the only beer of theirs that I've ever enjoyed was a summer shandy, and I guess I was just in the right mood that day because I've tried it since and it wasn't great.

To each their own, I know plenty of people who swear by their stuff so that just built it up in my mind, but now it just isn't for me.

Agree. I won't bother to buy anything from Leinenkugel.

I especially dislike their Sunset Wheat. What a Frooty Pebbles tasting abomination that crap is.

Dutch lagers have boring down to science as do Finnish ones.

Worst are oranjeboom and lapin kulta that have barely any taste and still make you sick from additives..

Ps. Urquell? You're really spoiled if that is your worst.

Agreeing on the Oranjeboom. Last time I drank it was in 1997, it was on tap and the only one on tap :( On my way home the hangover already popped it's head. Never again.

Back