New to kegging/kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtrage

Reaction score
I am planning on converting a Sanyo 4912.

I am completely new to kegging. I have searched. I'd rather buy knew 'kit' than try to piece together for my first time.

I want a 2 faucet tower setup.

Is this kit from kegconnection all I need: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=55

I want to add the dual body regulator option. I've read to upgrade to Perlick, is that true with the stainless steel also.

Missing anything I'll need.

Also, for those that have converted a Sanyo, does it need any vent room in the back. From the measurements I am going to have a tight fit, so I wanted to make sure it didn't go over the listed measurements.

thanks in advance,
jt

Also, see if you can get 10' lines.

If you fit everything just right, you can get a 5 lb tank + dual regulator + 2 kegs without taking out the door shelves (I have that, except I made my gas shelf just a bit too wide, and so I have to spend minutes spinning and leaning the kegs around until the door closes)

If you're going to go with a 10lb tank, I think you may have to remove the door shelves, or put the tank outside (it might fit inside without taking out the shelves, but it's gonna need a lot of magic)

Thanks.

As for the 10' lines. How much difference is there with the 10' lines and the mixer in the 'cure for the short hose' thread?

Thanks.

As for the 10' lines. How much difference is there with the 10' lines and the mixer in the 'cure for the short hose' thread?

I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to shorten my lines, if possible, so that when I switch a keg, I have less of the previous brew in the lines to empty out.

Back