Pressing blueberries... Need some help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean from New Hampshire

Reaction score
I need a way to press my blueberries, I've been following this recipe:

Welcome to Beer-Wine.com

I need to press the bag and get the most juice I can to make 5 gallons. I did the same thing with a batch of cranberry wine and came up a liter short and had to top off wine some wine.

I was thinking using the "Zapap" lauter tun to press the juice as best I can. Also, they say to top off with a wine of some sort, but I wanted to try to press more blueberries for an all blueberry wine.

What do you guys and girls think? Sorry I'm not really a wine maker, just helping my mom out to get her into wine making.

Sean

Hello Sean, I just started a batch of wine using some fresh cherries. I was washed and de-stemmed them then put them into Ziplock bags to freeze. I was amazzed how soft and mushy they were when I thawed the out. I just mashed them to a juicy pulp with my hands and then poured them into the bag inside the fermentation bucket.

Back