Can this fridge be converted into a kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckger

Reaction score
I have recently stumbled upon this fabulous True GDM-7 Pepsi vending fridge. I am wondering if I can punch a hole in the top and install a tap tower? Does anyone have any knowledge about this fridge? Are there any concerns with drilling through the top? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Here is a link so you can see the model.

www.truemfg.com/catalog/servlet/com.apsiva.servlet.HomeServlet

Link doesnt work, however as long as you use the old Vodka and cornstarch trick. Mix it up, make sure the fridge is in its cooling cycle and slap it on the top. Where it drys first there are refrigerant lines there. If there is no noticeable line when the mix drys there is probably no refrigerant lines up there. Also, if you have a infrared thermometer you can just profile the fridge when once its been in the cooling cycle for like 30 seconds. Where the fridge is hottest are where the refrigerant lines are. The tops of a lot of these mini fridges seem to not have any, but make sure before you drill.

I recently aquired a tower and some taps, and yes you can turn this bad boy into a kegerator! I had to put the tower a little bit further back on the top than most factor built kegerators but it works great! I love it. I will post pics later.

Pics of the unit.
1228092036.jpg

1229091805.jpg

Pretty cool huh!!!

Back