Parking Enforcement, what a joke...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kurt for providing your input regarding a possible credit card dispute, that is good to know.

The restaurant owner may have been within his legal right to do what he did, and OP messed up. It is easy to get all riled up about it (I would) and want to show who's the boss, but does anyone think that this tactic will bring him business? Is the restaurant in the business of serving people or keeping people out of their lot? Why not try and turn it into a sale- especially if people are already parked outside of your restaurant!

They did have signs displayed, but everyone has signs displayed, only the true a$$holes enforce them. Honestly, it was 8PM, they close at 9PM, there were 2 cars in their parking lot that were actually there for the restaurant itself leaving around 48 other open parking spaces.

Apparently the guy has a webcam set up to watch the parking lot. As soon as he sees you leave and not walk to his restaurant, he calls in the doucehbags to come boot you.

Not sure exactly what you're bitchin' about here. You saw the signs, knew you weren't supposed to park there then did it anyway? That's kinda how the system works.

Any chance you own a restaurant with a large parking next to it?

ha! you got me. :) Watching my web cam right now....

But seriously, if they guy spent the money to buy the land for parking - it's his property. It's certainly his right to post it and enforce those signs.

Not sure exactly what you're bitchin' about here. You saw the signs, knew you weren't supposed to park there then did it anyway? That's kinda how the system works.

Honestly, the thing that got me is that yes, I understand it's his property and I was in the wrong for parking there, but there were 2 cars there for his business and 40+ open parking spaces and they were about to close. Now if they were busy and I would have taken a parking space from a potentially paying customer, then yes, I deserve to get my ass handed to me. I'm not arguing legality here, just the principle of the thing.

Latest posts

Back