Rotating Racking Arm?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockfordWhite

Reaction score
Has anybody made a homemade rotating racking arm by any chance? If so i would love some ideas...

I looked into building one myself and priced it out. The one from AHS is slightly more but is put together for you, the "arm" is bent to the correct angle and it is cleaner than I could have done it. You just drill a hole and attach the thing. 20+ batches on it and no complaints.

Mainly i'm thinking of ordering the plastic concial from norwesco (which is better than the one in US Plastics) and i wanted to see if i could make an inexpensive rotating racking arm for that....

I added the better bottle one to this, I don't see why it wouldnt work on a conical

11999-15gal001.jpg

SuperiorBrew said:
I added the better bottle one to this, I don't see why it wouldnt work on a conical

11999-15gal001.jpg

How do you like that as a fermenter? I have a couple that I store bulk grain in, but I might get some more. Also, how much liquid does it hold?

Sorry to threadjack -- where did you guys pick up the plastic fermenters/grain storage bins?

Thanks!

Jester369 said:
How do you like that as a fermenter? I have a couple that I store bulk grain in, but I might get some more. Also, how much liquid does it hold?

It works great, I put 10 gallon batches in it and there is a ton of room left, I dont know if it will hold a full 15 though.
There is a guy that has then names Doug but he hasnt been answering emails lately. I think I was paying $22 delivered for them. I also use them for bulk grain storage.

Latest posts

Back