The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May have an opportunity to buy a very used Cat TH-63 for relatively low $. I think it would be handy around the yard, my gal thinks I'm nuts. We are probably both right. Still pondering this one.

Thought someone should post something before PTN writes, "what's up (rhymes with witches)", which I find distasteful, even for this sordid thread.

I would love one of these, if only to make painting the house easier...

1674013838611.png

Cheers! (That'd be bitchin' :D)

If only it looked that nice, enclosed cab option would be nice too, but alas. This one is pretty rough, probably should replace hydraulic lines and tires for safest operation, plus it needs some other stuff like dashboard and mirrors. And we are into $ 5 didgets w just initial expenditure..

And of course since in live in our lovely state, would need to update my hydraulic operators license w a lift endorsement if I want to use off property without major liability exposure...

But yeah, talked to the owner today, gonna check it out this weekend.

S'up, rhymes with witches?

If you buy that machine can we come over and play with it? Nothing serious, don't want to do any actual work, more like just peeling donuts on Alan Dershowitz's lawn.

Made a bit-o-prog on da barn since we last chatted. Next up, floor & door. Got the cast iron wheels for the sliding door hardware
CC7F5D8B-808E-4833-AD11-8D07ADEE5A76.jpeg
yesterday. Could use that schweet machining to level the dirt inside and move the 8 yards of crushed stone for the base floor that is coming.
C1FB3526-9BCE-4B4D-9965-4B4A58E260E6.jpeg

So "the weather outside is frightful" and tbh I am surprised our electric service has not dropped yet. Maybe the cement storm we had a few weeks ago and the ice storm we had this week broke the stuff that would have come down today. Fingers crossed.

Ironically my freakin' UPS picked today to do a totally out-of-nowhere power shutdown on its own (wth?!) but it did come back on with a power button press. Weird. Hopefully not an omen. I could do without drama...

Cheers! (and stay warm out there! 🥶)

Aaaand just like that, the entire Hudson Light and Power system (of which Stow is half of) has to come down at 3 AM to get this hunk of tree off the incoming high line that runs the entire system. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeyit!

1675468672370.png

I confess it took me a minute to get ^that^ as the "wind" part here has caught more attention than the "cold" part...so far.
Tomorrow after a ridiculous overnight low that cold will have sunk in a bit, but then the temps will turn downright balmy Sunday. Totally New England :D

1675483349325.png

Only made it down to -6 and the wind died down overnight. We don't allow too much nonsense here in Wilberville; the town council would never vote for such a thing.

When the temp dropped to single digits heading to -9, I had to take the precedented step of moving kegs out of the basement hatchway. I'm sure I should insulate that space but it works great most of the winter, and someone takes over my chest freezer to use it as (gasp) a chest freezer for "the holidays". The hardest part about the weather was deciding it was just too cold to want to go to the garage and brew. I need a patented Blast-Furnace-Heated-Shed-And-Timber-Frame-Emporium I guess.

Ugh. Everything was coated in 2-3 inches of frozen slushy stuff. Durango is solidly encased, I'd have to destroy it to get inside so didn't even try. Flogged the snowblower to chisel out the driveway and walkways and mailbox, then did my adjacent neighbors' driveway ends and mailboxes (score some points with their wives ;)

Never lost power so that's a plus. Gonna make myself a hot buttered rum and chill the rest of the day :)

1677528593642.png

Yer basic post-physical-therapy, pre-snowpocolypse-snowgasm Mexican Lager beer.

Yes, I've tested the snowblower.

Hope all you and yours are ready for Monday/Tuesday and hope it's another weatherman oversell and undersnow. And I doubt "undersnow" will become a big internet image search term. And if it does, then I'm really getting too old.

Hmm, I'm a few miles inside the eastern edge of the 6-8" band.
If the overnight temperatures drop into the 20s it shouldn't be too bad a cleanup.
[edit] Channel 5 forecast says snow changing to something wet. Ugh...

Back