Putting My CO2 Regulator Back Together...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrothersTrout

Reaction score
I got a secondary regulator today, so I turned off the gas and disconnected my primary. I removed the high pressure gauge, and I'm all set to daisy chain the secondary to my primary, when I realized one is left hand threaded and the other is right hand. Argh! So I decided it was time to put it all back together and think on it a little more.

Ah, but what's this rattling in my primary regulator, but a teeny tiny cylindrical brass thing-a-ma-bob. It has a pin hole sized hole through it, and it's threaded. Interestingly enough, it would screw perfectly into the hole in my high pressure gauge! So I screw it in, connect everything back up, and start to turn on the gas. Massive whooshing sounds ensue, and the high pressure gauge skyrockets to 1200 PSI before I panic and shut off the valve. I removed the high pressure gauge and took out the thing-a-ma-bob, reconnected everything, started to turn the valve, and damn if the same thing didn't happen!

So here's my question. What in god's name is that damn thing-a-ma-bob, and how do I put this all back together correctly without blowing myself up!?

I don't know... High pressure is not something you want to mess with...

That said, if you post pics, it might turn out to be something simple and someone here will tell you exacly what to do...

So in summary, pics please, then bump...

Looks that way doesn't it :D

Keep looking, mind you it sounds like the kind of thing you find minutes after receiving your replacement ;)

I did find it, it had rolled under the Keezer. But it doesn't seem to matter anyway. Disconnected, my high pressure gauge reads 800. Hmm...

Sigh. Anyone know where you can get a high pressure gauge? Lowes and Home Depot don't seem to be any help.

It's never the little pin that the guage needle sits on when no pressure is on? That would explain what the pin was, but not why the regulator is broken?

EDIT Pics would definatly help...

Back