Need a bottle brush suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShartAttack

Reaction score
A little over a week ago I bottled my first hard cider. The yeast used was Red Star premier cuvee. I primed it with some more apple juice at bottling time and the bottles I've opened so far were nice and sparkly.

One problem - the yeast stick like crazy to the inside of the bottle! They don't rinse out nicely like the ale yeast I've used when making beer. To make matters worse, the cheap white bottle brush that came with my brewer's kit doesn't really clean the bottom of the bottle all that well. When I check the online brewing stores they all have this same brush.

Anybody had a similar problem and can recommend a brush or a better solution?

I recently let a carboy sit for two days after racking a cider. I sprayed out what I could, added a little PBW cleaner, filled it with water and let it sit for a few hours. All the gunk was taken care of and I just rinsed well and sanitized with Star San. Awesome products and well worth the money.

As hot of eater as you can get, and dishwasher detergent. Think about your dishes. They could sit in your dishwasher for a couple days. Food dries. That stuff is awesome!!!!!

UpstateMike said:
Yup, snip the wire fingerloop off and stick the metal shaft in the drill chuck. Works great! Recommendation, use a cordless drill.

Yup that and rinsing out the bottles after they are poured makes it easy, it's a cordless bottle scrubber.

Back