The progress of my homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtgirl20

Reaction score
100% grape juice
2 cups sugar
1 pack yeast (baking)

She is now burping good and working well got a blanket wrapped around it now

image-1899912439.jpg

No I'm gonna pour it down the toilet.. Of course I know someone who makes it the exact same way

I've fermented worse!

That's very little headroom. In case your yeast gets rambunctious you might want to put that over some tile or something you don't mind getting sticky juice all over.

My dad used to ferment "wine" the same way, but he didn't use an airlock, he just used a balloon. But it was pretty vile stuff even for a 13 year old just wanting to get drunk.

emptykeg said:
I've fermented worse!

That's very little headroom. In case your yeast gets rambunctious you might want to put that over some tile or something you don't mind getting sticky juice all over.

Yea I forgot and left too little room I'm gonna put it in the bathroom only place that has tile my room is all carpet but I'm workin on making a racker now

There's a lot of nasty germs in the bathroom. Just put the jug in a large pan, you'll be fine.

And to the person that asked if you are going to drink that.. really? If that's all you've got to contribute, please don't. We'll all be happier.

Scott

I make a lot of one gallons juices in one gallon carboys with air locks. No where close to toilet water! I agree the comment was rude. I do use wine yeast though, usually Lavlin 77B.
I use them for topping up other wines when racking or if not needed for top-off we drink them after they are de-gassed with a vacuum pump.

Last time I attempted a wine in this manner was over 10 years ago. It was more of an experiment. Everything was going very good until (3 months in the secondary) I decided to add some gelatin to clear it a little more. The gelatin (bought at a grocery) must have introduced a bug and the stuff turned so sour that it would cross your eyes.

Good luck. Hope it turns out good. If it doesn't, do not give up. Just arm yourself with more knowledge and try it again. The feeling you get when you have a success is priceless.

When it's done fermenting next week, I'm gonna let it sit a few days, rack it, let it sit rack and repeat till its clear and drink my friend who makes it does not even rack it he lets it sit a week or 2 to ferment then he pops the cap off and drinks

When it's done fermenting next week, I'm gonna let it sit a few days, rack it, let it sit rack and repeat till its clear and drink my friend who makes it does not even rack it he lets it sit a week or 2 to ferment then he pops the cap off and drinks

Your friend is a brave soul. I don't think I could drink it at all using that method. It would be GREEN tasting, very green. To each their own, but I couldn't do that on a bet.

There is very little wine that I make that I would ever want to drink without any aging. It's incredible how much better it tastes after even just a few months.

Give some serious thought about letting it age, at least until it is clear.. although you should rack it into a glass container for aging, plastic is too oxygen permeable.

Hope it works it for you !

Scott

delvorak said:
There is very little wine that I make that I would ever want to drink without any aging. It's incredible how much better it tastes after even just a few months.

Give some serious thought about letting it age, at least until it is clear.. although you should rack it into a glass container for aging, plastic is too oxygen permeable.

Hope it works it for you !

Scott

I got some big glass jugs I can put it in

Back