Question on kettle- bayou classic 1140 --- 10 gal pot with steamer basket and spigot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naga77777

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200810210704?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Hi all,

I can't seem to find any good pictures of this kettle other than the one "stock photo" that is shown on the ebay auction.

I'm looking at getting a 10-11 gallon kettle with strainer basket, and can't determine whether the spigot on this one has a welded bung (correct term?), or if it's akin to a weldless spigot kit.

I really like the shape of the bayou classic kettles, but if this thing is a weldless type, i'm inclined to go with the 1144 (11gal setup with basket, but no spigot). That way i can always add a weldless kit myself, if I get tired of using the autosiphon to transfer to primary.

Basically, just a bit confused on terms. It says in the description "bulkhead fittings" so that leads me to believe it's akin to a weldless kit, and the entire assembly could be removed-- not just the valve-- leaving just a hole in the kettle.

Back