• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Not mine but good deal BREWPOT / HLT 9 GALLON STAINLESS HOMEBREW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he sold out of them

At that price, I am not surprised. Like I said before, I'm using it for 5 gallon batches and it will be my HLT for 10 gallon batches once I find a keg to convert. I couldn't pass up the price.

Both, really. Purchased it through ebay and worked out the payment with him via email. You can email him and see if he has any left.

Has anyone taken advantage of the Free Shipping option the guy offers on ebay? I emailed him to ask about it. He said if i pay with a check that he would ship for free, because it saves him on PayPal fees.

To me that sounded sketchy, because he is throwing in $10.69 shipping for free, and barely saving $1 on PayPal fees. Sounds like a very bad deal for him, so i wondered why he would do it. i noticed that you are not covered under ebay's buyer protection if you pay with a check, so i was a little concerned about doing that.
Sounds like you have not bent over for FeeBay in a while. It will definitely be into him for more then a buck, not sure about 10 total...that seems a bit high.

boxo--- can you let us know how the whole payment thing goes with him? Im going to consider sending himn a M.O. if you have a good experience

Ive been emailing with him... unless he has sold out since last night, he still had a few available. Seems like a cool dude, but the whole thing is still a lil sketch to me.

boxo--- can you let us know how the whole payment thing goes with him? Im going to consider sending himn a M.O. if you have a good experience

Ive been emailing with him... unless he has sold out since last night, he still had a few available. Seems like a cool dude, but the whole thing is still a lil sketch to me.

Sure thing.

I am in the same boat, it sounds like a good deal but I don't know if I want to take the chance.

everything work out with this guy.. he has stuff posted all the time on ebay

Everything worked out fine for me, received the brewpot a few days ago. Nice quality for the price. One of the handles was a little bent but other than that everything was exactly as described. The nipple that is welded on is only on the outside so there is no way to install a bulkhead on the inside. Overall a very good purchase, I would definitely do business with him again.

i have the same report as skies (except no dented handle.) Very good guy and i'd do business again.

I was surprised by the no nipple b/c i'd never seen that before (and i didn't ask.) So there's nothing that can be added now for a diptube? I'll try to think of something, but maybe i'll just go diptubeless.

Trying to decide b/t thermometer and sight glass for the 2nd port. I'll use this as BIAB vessel, and i already have a good probe thermo. So probably sight glass.

UPDATE:
I filled up my pot for the first time tonight, and there is a leak at one of the handle welds. I contacted the seller a few mins ago to see what he can do. Seems like a good guy so i am expecting the best. Will update when i hear.

Got mine. Looks great and everything worked out with sending the check but I'm not convinced that it is a 9 gallon pot. It looks closer to 8 gallons. Anyone measure the volume yet?

Any way to add a pickup tube when its welded like that? Here it is on the left.

EU75Vl.jpg

BoxofRain said:
Any way to add a pickup tube when its welded like that? Here it is on the left.

I purchased the same pot. where did you purchase the weldless valve and what size fitting did you put on the ball valve? Thanks for your help
Josh

Jwash1705 said:
I purchased the same pot. where did you purchase the weldless valve and what size fitting did you put on the ball valve? Thanks for your help
Josh

The valve came with the kettle I bought but here are the other purchases that I made:

1/2" barbed fitting and weldless thermometer at Bargainfittings.com

Sight glass was from HBT's Bobby M at brewhardware.com.

If you're still looking for a ball valve it can be purchased from either site.

Latest posts

Back