Can't wait to try my keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's just like waiting for any other beer I've brewed, but something about the new setup makes it feel like I am back in October '08 waiting for my very first batch to carb in the bottles so I can try one. Anyone else experience something similar when making the switch to kegs?

Never bottled much, but I certainly remember the joy of trashing the 5L mini-keg system I had and going to cornies.

One plus on kegs: you can try a shot and not have to waste a whole bottle.

I still love the felling but would like it even better if my wife would let me drill some holes through then fridge for my 4-5 kegs!!!!!

I don't really remember my first keg..I finished it in less than two weeks...:drunk:

Waved bye bye to the bottle after that...

Bottles, Party Pigs, Kegs out the side of frig in garage....Now a Sanyo small kegerator with two taps right in my computer room! Trash can rigged up for two taps on the go, I am a happy drinker.

Never did the bottle thing. I couldn't get myself to clean 40-50 bottles.... ARRG!

Went straight to keg, but you are right! That first pull/draw from the tap was as exciting as anything I've done! Like a 5yr old waiting for that X-Mass bike!!!!

Cheers and may your Keg provide you lots of suds!!:mug:

Back