• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 3 tier or single tier mash system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyweed

Reaction score
Hey all...I want to start some all grain, full mash brews, and don't want to spend the time building a rig. So.....I am willing to see what you have for sale...anything from a single tier, two tier or 3 tier setup...it doesn't matter, as long is it is plumbed, piped for propane, comes with the burners, and the pots.

I am in WI..so must be close enough to pick up, or if it can be taken apart to ship would be cool too.

I can spend up to $300 on one. Let me know what you got.

Dan

I hope you do find what you are looking for, but I must say that you are asking for a heck of a lot for $300. Was that a typo, did you mean $3000?

Hey all...I want to start some all grain, full mash brews, and don't want to spend the time building a rig. So.....I am willing to see what you have for sale...anything from a single tier, two tier or 3 tier setup...it doesn't matter, as long is it is plumbed, piped for propane, comes with the burners, and the pots.

I am in WI..so must be close enough to pick up, or if it can be taken apart to ship would be cool too.

I can spend up to $300 on one. Let me know what you got.

Dan

Both designs have there problems. A three tier is economical. If you weld, your 300 would cover it easily. And, if you are young enough to not mind the ladder, then it makes a nice system. I brewed with one for years. They are easy to clean and maintain and powered by Mother Nature.

The single tier is more adaptable to different brewing styles and is very convenient to use. It's what I brew on now. They cost a bunch, require more maintainance, and the cleanup and sanitation is a pita. Just the cost of the pumps, tubing and shipping would gobble you 300, not to mention all the valves, fittings, etc.

For me, if I were young, a three tier wins hands down...:D

Back