Logo help..??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone could help me out with a logo.

Decided to name my brewery White Peaks Brewing Co. I'm still very new with editing software and have been using Adobe Illustrator. So far I have most of my label/template designed and figure for each beer i'll use a different design for the corrisponding beer.

The real issue i've been having so far is figuring out a logo. My first one looked cheesy as it was a bunch of hand-drawn mtns. My current one almost looks Sierra-Nevada-ish but with mtns.

Any assistance or ideas would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

I'm no good at drawing from scratch, but if you post something I (and many others) might be able to help you "polish" it.

Sounds like a good idea you've got going, some simple snow-peaked mountains would like nice. Start simple and add details until you feel comfortable with it.

Its always a good idea to show us your design. You never want to leave us alone with our imagination. :p

f355cdfd-62c0-414d-a0bc-748b75dd8280.jpg

ok, this is what it currently looks like.

i personally think the logo seems a bit small and maybe not bold enough.

logo700.jpg

Suggestion. Have fun and remember - you are not selling beer and can change. What you want to do is decide on an overall theme so each label has the same feel.

I use a certain font and my "company" name is actually secondary to what is in the bottle.

Another suggestion. Company??? How about White Peaks Brewery, after all your not incorporated YET!!

Another thing - I would get rid of most of that stuff on the right hand side. Nobody will read it and it is unnecessary "at this time" . That would leave more room (do you have a UPC code?)

I like the idea in the logo, but it doesn't really "pop" enough. If you're going for a small and easily recognizable logo try a simple line drawing. Your design seems much more suited to be used as a background for the label, with the text and such on top (which I would suggest experimenting with).

Hard to say what to do with the text until you get something underneath it, but IMO less is more. Keep it simple at first. The "white peaks brewing co" looks good, although the font really isn't my bag. It might (or might not) fit well depending on how the rest of the label pulls together.

Good work so far.

I like the idea in the logo, but it doesn't really "pop" enough. If you're going for a small and easily recognizable logo try a simple line drawing. Your design seems much more suited to be used as a background for the label, with the text and such on top (which I would suggest experimenting with).

Hard to say what to do with the text until you get something underneath it, but IMO less is more. Keep it simple at first. The "white peaks brewing co" looks good, although the font really isn't my bag. It might (or might not) fit well depending on how the rest of the label pulls together.

Good work so far.

the line-type drawing is something i think i'm leaning towards, but i'm just having a hard time coming up with it. like you mentioned, i think what i currently have would be more suited as a background.. with it being so small it seems to get blurred and doesn't pop, like you said.

Suggestion. Have fun and remember - you are not selling beer and can change. What you want to do is decide on an overall theme so each label has the same feel.

I use a certain font and my "company" name is actually secondary to what is in the bottle.

Another suggestion. Company??? How about White Peaks Brewery, after all your not incorporated YET!!

Another thing - I would get rid of most of that stuff on the right hand side. Nobody will read it and it is unnecessary "at this time" . That would leave more room (do you have a UPC code?)

regarding company.. at the time i just preferred the way the name sounded over brewery. it might change though.

i also might remove the warning, because it does somewhat make the one side kinda crowded.

thanks for the suggestions, it's definitely a work in progress. i'm really just tryin to nail down a logo so i can do what i have to with the name and then the designs for each beer.

just did a quick sketch on what i was thinking for a line-type logo (it would ofcourse replace the one on top).. i also removed some of the clutter on the right

logo_copy730.jpg

Sorry Rio.....my post seems a little rude. I didn't intend for it to be that way. The label looks good. The mountains look really nice.

What are the dimensions of the label?

naw, i didn't take it that way. The Coors logo was one that i was trying to avoid and i definitely kinda played on it. I really just can't think of anything in a line-type design that WOULDN'T play on the Coors logo ya know?

I have a few spelling errors that I need to take care.. just haven't bothered with em yet..lol

Label is 5" x 3.5"

I've toyed around with labels a little bit in the past and I always wondered what size to go with. You seem to be on the right track. Are these your first try with labels? if so they look a whole lot better than my firsts.

As of where our roster stands today, Alamo will be back in plenty of time before Cheeto1977 gets home. Unless more people sign up.

Here's a bad painting I did a few years ago with some mountains in the background.

MINER_S_CABINfine_print_compressed.jpg

That looks more like the Donner homestead...j/k

Painting could be more like "Homestead", "Abandoned Valley" or "Lost Valley".

OP: You're in Colorado...walk outside and take a picture of a mountain...I know you have them there...;)

OP: You're in Colorado...walk outside and take a picture of a mountain...I know you have them there...;)

that's actually what inspired the name. i did take a few pictures of the mountains when i was up in breckenridge, and that was the mountains used in the original logo, but it just didn't seem to turn out right IMO. maybe just need to make it bigger and add more contrast?

btw rumblebelly, nice painting

I've toyed around with labels a little bit in the past and I always wondered what size to go with. You seem to be on the right track. Are these your first try with labels? if so they look a whole lot better than my firsts.

As of where our roster stands today, Alamo will be back in plenty of time before Cheeto1977 gets home. Unless more people sign up.

thanks. yea, this is my first shot at trying to put together a label. i've printed one off and the 5x3.5 seems to fit pretty perfect IMO.

oops. I was multitasking on several threads at a time. It looks like I commented about the WHMBP thread on accident.:eek:

Thanks Yuri, that might actually work out. I might darken it up so the white stands out a bit more, but i like that.

Think i should keep the design in the oval like with my first logo posted?

On a side note..I'm headed up to the mountains again today so i'm hoping for some good photo op's.

That looks more like the Donner homestead...j/k

Painting could be more like "Homestead", "Abandoned Valley" or "Lost Valley".

Actually, that very cabin is in St Elmo, Colorado. It's one of my first paintings and I hate the background. Someone mentioned it looked Bob Rossy and I totally agree. The name of the painting is "Isolation" but if the OP called it Isolation Ale...well, let's just say that was already taken by Odell Brewery in Fort Collins. I wonder if anyone had an ale called "Homestead Ale", that wouldn't be a bad name.

Sorry for hijacking.

Back