TARDIS fridge. AKA WHAT HAVE I DONE?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im so glad my wife is not here to see this... all though she may let me move the kegorator next to the bed if i do something like this. nice work:mug:

Homercidal said:
I just realized I forgot to photoshop the small round sticker on the right door. Too late now. I'll have to glue it on if I want to include it.

I should get dimensions for the microwave and build a papercraft K-9 to put it into. I can take it down one of these weekends when we go to Broncos Football game (She'll be playing piccolo in the marching band.)

yup, you forgot the st john ambulance emblem although I guess it depends on which doctors tardis your going for.. :mug:

Man does that bring back memories of watching that show as a kid. Great idea and excellent job.

Got my daughter moved into her dorm. I brought the fridge up wrapped in a blanket and was going to video tape her first reaction but there was a misunderstanding about where the video camera was and before I could get my other daughter the camera, Kim had pulled the blanket off!

They went nuts!

Her roommate actually had a brown bowtie on a magnet so she put it on the front and now it looks like a TARDIS AND A DOCTOR AT THE SAME TIME!

Good times.

Called my daughter while driving back home from fixing my sister's van in Grand Rapids and she said she's gotten a lot of comments about her Dr. Who shirt at marching band camp. Band Geeks are apparently also Sci-Fi geeks. Who knew? ;)

Got my daughter moved into her dorm. I brought the fridge up wrapped in a blanket and was going to video tape her first reaction but there was a misunderstanding about where the video camera was and before I could get my other daughter the camera, Kim had pulled the blanket off!

They went nuts!

Her roommate actually had a brown bowtie on a magnet so she put it on the front and now it looks like a TARDIS AND A DOCTOR AT THE SAME TIME!

Good times.

Bowties are cool.

:rockin:

Am I missing something? Where's the tap? How will the beer come out?:ban:

AH, well, the school frowns upon alcohol in the dorms.

However, I feel there is a VERY good chance that after she is done needing a dorm fridge I will acquire the Unit and turn it into a Thermally Automated Homebrew Dispensing Intoxication System. (TAHDIS)

Or, if I have some major breakthroughs in design and available time, a DALEK (Dispenser of ALEs from Kegs)

Or, if I have some major breakthroughs in design and available time, a DALEK (Dispenser of ALEs from Kegs)

that is what i have been picturing in my head lately.. thinking the guts could start with one of thoes round refrigerated coolers from the gas station.. i see mainly the ice bins ones but a couple electric ones too :mug:

that is what i have been picturing in my head lately.. thinking the guts could start with one of thoes round refrigerated coolers from the gas station.. i see mainly the ice bins ones but a couple electric ones too :mug:

In case anyone is interested, there is an entire site dedicated to the building of DALEKs.

Uh, scratch that. There is more than one...

Dalek City

Project Dalek

Some of the stuff in there is pretty detailed.

My basic plan of attack was to keep my eyes open for a very small dorm fridge and build a DALEK around it, or strip it's working parts out to install into an insulated DALEK.

AH, well, the school frowns upon alcohol in the dorms.

However, I feel there is a VERY good chance that after she is done needing a dorm fridge I will acquire the Unit and turn it into a Thermally Automated Homebrew Dispensing Intoxication System. (TAHDIS)

Would the beer come out of the plunger? Or the blaster?

The TARDIS ferm chamber is not ready for building yet. Stuff keeps getting in the way. I got to help a friend's kid (oh, he's actually like 24...) replace the struts and sway links, plus the control arm on one side of his 1990 Olds, and I am welding the frame on the pass side. In return I'm thinking about having him buy me a SS HERMS coil for my electric brewing system.

This little auto repair project, along with the Bronco Football schedule, will be keeping me from starting the TARDIS ferm chamber project for another week I think.

I wonder how hard it would be to turn a Keggle HLT into an R2-HLT2??

This was just posted on facebook. I don't know anything about it.

545290_304212839683859_441054416_n.jpg

Back