My Coffin Keezer build!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwturnernc

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sure you all have seen a keezer build before but I want to put mine on the site for every one to see. I have some wood working skills but by far am no expert. I received a lot of the items on the cheap(kenmore 6 foot freezer for 50 bucks via Craigslist)cubic or free(2-5 gallons sanke kegs and couplers)and I have close to $500 into the build. Once I add the gas supply and two more ball lock kegs I will have close to 650 into the whole project and no need to bottle my home brew anymore. Only steps left is to paint each tap handle a different color and create a matching caulk board to hang over keezer so friends and family will know what's on tap. I put a two way gas supply in I case I want two run two stouts on beer gas and a four way in case I want to run 4 on co2 or split it 1: 3 or 2:2. Just trying to plan head of what I may have brewed at any one given time.

Enjoy the pictures

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

He was being serious dwturnernc! What you built is considered a collared keezer, not a "coffin" keezer. A coffin refers to a box that sits on top of the keezer (traditionally on top of a bar) that the faucets stick out of. Your taps stick out of your collar.

Sweet build, but not a "coffin" keezer as it is defined around here and in pubs/bars.

But it is the size of a small coffin, in case you ever need "to make someone an offer they can't refuse" ;)

:mug:

Nope not a big dummy - just someone who doesn't know the term (which being fair there is no big sign anywhere that says "THIS IS WHAT COFFIN KEEZER means"), but it generally refers to the Irish Coffin Box on top of the lid. Though this keezer itself looks like a mini coffin box.

Thx, either way I'm proud of what I have done despite my limited understanding of the home brew terms. I guess it goes to show that you learn something new each day.

Looks good though! I wasn't trying to be a dick, but now you know. I am looking to build one real soon. I was looking at stuff yesterday.

Looks good!

Back