What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale. Had high expectations,but its more in the ok range for me. Kinda wish I had tried it before buying two sixers of it. I enjoyed Sam Adams Pumpkin ale more. .
Schlafly is more in the darkcarmel sweet dry more spices clovey alcohol dry taste zone where as the Sam Adams is the bready/toasty with body , type pumpkin.

I enjoyed Pumking more this year compared to last as well,it seemed more pupmpkin pie less grahamy but a little more with some vanilla shortbread/sugarcookie type reminding me of pie crust as opposed to a super graham crust. Awesome aroma too -getting a few more for shure.

Im all Pumpked up this season. I know its not the season but hell why not have some already, everybody that likes em are brewing them anyway. The more you research,the more you know.

What a score. A localish Great Pumpkin Imperial [email protected]% abv. Although it has "artificial flavor" this is one vanillay very pumpkiny in a sweet stout.With a nice tobacco/ashy coffee finish.Dont think Ive had such a real pumpkiny tasting beer. Oh its Millstream Great Pumpkin imperial stout. Probably only avaiable in IA. Not bad for mainly then having mostly mediocre beers.

St-Ambroise Pumpkin- forgot how much I liked it. Cant beleive its only 5%,its malty rich like a big imperial smooth silky with a unique fresh tastey spice complexity with toasty roasted carmelized pumpkin. Great aroma and taste.Great finish,just awesome all around. It has good ratings and I agree (not that it matters) but its worth checking out if you like this type in my opinon possibly your moms too,ohhh!.

drinking stone ipa and chomping on a couple homegrown hops. as if there wasn't enough hops already.

Freigeist Abraxas, which is a Lichtenhainer. Smoked + sour wheat beer. Not for everyone, but I like it a lot.

Mikkeller- beer geek brunch weasel

ForumRunner_20120901_222026.jpg

I had this bottle for a while and I wanted to bring it out and finally drink it. :drunk:

A pint of Hopfen Weisse, resurrected from a frozen keg that occurred on the 22nd. It was a sad day to see the frozen beer, but it seems to have survived with little detriment.

Otherwise I would have been PISSED. I worked hard to make that beer, and it was the first beer I ever kegged. Guess that's what you get for using an 80+ year old kick-a$$ fridge. Taught me to defrost it a little more, I guess. :eek:

Ommegang Hennepin Farmhouse Saison. Nice straw colored wheat haze. Low bitterness. Belgian yeast fruitiness. Nice, but not my style.

After a series of dumpable 1/2 finshed oktoberfests.Finally a tolerable good Bells Oberon.Goes good with some spicey fried eggplant.

And a Lakefront New Grist(gluten free). Refreshing tangy,somewhat peachy, not bad and probably underated, what a bunch of RatingHaters when it comes to anything mild with ratings. A good gluten free beer shouldnt be rated a 6 just because its gluten free refreshing mild,somewhat light. Ive had worse saisons rated way higher.Which this slightly remides me of one.

Home brewed Stout, while drooling over the new motorcycles on my local dealerships website. Maybe in a few months.....

Tenspeed said:
Wild Turkey 101. I spent the weekend shouting at people. It was fun, but my throat needs soothing. Whisky!

Love me some 101!

I just had a Total Domination IPA from Ninkasi...

Fun fact: Ninkasi chose the name "Total Domination" because "The Crimson Tide" was already taken.

Lancaster brewing company kölsch and yuengling oktoberfest. Well not right now and not at the same time. You get the point.

Back