Sources in BC Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmcvicar

Reaction score
Hello,

I wonder if there are any homebrewers from BC here on this forum.

My brother lives in Kelowna BC and would like to get into homebrewing. Does anyone know of a source of ingredients (yeast, specialty grains, hops) in BC or in Canada? I would have told him to order from Paddockwood.com but they are discontiueing the homebrew supply part of their business.

Many thank yous!

Neil

Welcome to HBT (both of you)! :mug: Great to have some more Canucks, you should add your location to your profile.

Do a search for 'canad* suppl*' and you should find a number of threads you can look through for that info. Also check the yellowpages, I imagine you'll find a few local shops (most are also happy to sell to homebrewers).

well i missed this thread when it was started anyways i live in vernon and buy everything from brew mart. LME is about $5.40L i have also bought hops there but heard due to the hop shortage that he is no longer selling to the public. james also sells special steeping grains has everything but honey. i basically do bulk orders from dan in vancouver to get grains and hops and buy LME locally at ubrew shops they do carry special malt and hops but you do pay for it

try michels beer factory on spall

I too missed this thread as it came out ~ Christmas.

But nmcvicer your Bro is in luck. He lives about 40 minutes away from the best malter in North America. Gambrinus in Armstrong. They disassembled a malthouse in Heidelberg and reassembled it in Armstrong.

Crown Cres you're even closer you should ditch the PM and go AG. I'd die to have Gambrinus in my backyard. I'm planning on heading out to the Valley this summer and stopping off and loading up a few sacks on the way home.

Rudeboy

Back