Pbr

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gambrinus

Don't let your meat loaf.
Reaction score
I know it's crazy.......... but is anyone drinking PBR right now? You know.... it was rated America's best beer in 1893..... what the f*ck went wrong. Apparantly PBR was the only beer around in 1893. F Tucker!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I see PBR mentioned a lot around here... it must be a guilty pleasure.

There are many AB prods that are guilty pleasures of mine. Michelob being my current...

However I haven't been looking for PBR mind you...

Stag or Pfeiffer either for that fact... :D

Ize

Yes alot of people still drink PBR. Actually in my store it's the third best selling beer. And if you actually tasted it you would agree that it's actually one of the better American Lagers. It's one of the few that still have some hop characteristics in that category. Oh yeah it won the 05 and 06 GABF for American Style Lager.

orfy said:
But if it's made by AB and you don't agree with what they are doing to the CB indusrty, why do you drink it?

It's not being made by AB. Pabst is it's own seperate company. It is contract brewed by Miller just like Sam Adams is contract brewed by Miller (for at least a little while longer).

My neighbor works for a PBR distributor, so he's always got some on hand. PBR isn't bad - especially ice cold.

PBR seems to have the most flavor of the BMC's, but I think a lot of times around here people drink it because it is "ironic" to do so at a brew pub. :p

The last one I had was skunked out so bad I kept thinking someone had crapped their pants though...

I would agree that PBR beats most BMC products on taste. I am not really allowed to have any in the house because SWMBO has a bad impression of PBR. Her uncle has a case in his overalls at all times.

Some folks REALLY love PBR.

pbr_cake.jpg

When I go to a bar and it's $4 for a Budweiser, $4 for an Amstel, $4 for a Yuengling, and $2 for a PBR, it's PBR every time, no questions asked.

Whenever people ask me why I drink it I say, "Do you know any other beer that has won a blue ribbon award?"

some of my buds and I often take the PBR while mountain biking. Nothing like cracking open a somewhat still cold blue ribbon winner atop the continental divide! A heavy beer might very much make us hurel. Plus cans are more friendly then glass on rides. Sometimes we'll splurge on the Old Chub.

"Do you know any other beer that has won a blue ribbon award?"

PBR never won a blue ribbon, when they first came out, the blue ribbon was a marketing gimmick that just stuck.

they used to tie the blue ribbon on the bottles ;) if i remeber right, they own Lonestar brewer, or vice verca, they used to produce Pearl also

DSC00097.jpg

i get alot of crap from you guys on this picture LOL

cardlogo.jpg

i actually carry a copy of this in my wallet ;)

Drinking 12 hard-earned, mostly heavy homebrews doesn't cut it when you need to suffer through a Vanderbilt football game.

PBR is my choice.

I thought someone on a previous post claimed that Schlitz was out of business, but I recently noticed it at the beer store. Also, I usually buy some BMC for the clowns that come to poker night and PBR in the bottle has been pretty cheap. Might give it a try. Don't think I have had one since I was a kid.

There is a bar on the Southside of Milwaukee, Actually I think its in Greenfield right by SouthRidge mall that has PBR on Tap for 90 CENTS!

Thats right - 90 CENTS - I dont know much but I know this - THAT ROCKS!

sause said:
Yes alot of people still drink PBR. Actually in my store it's the third best selling beer. And if you actually tasted it you would agree that it's actually one of the better American Lagers. It's one of the few that still have some hop characteristics in that category. Oh yeah it won the 05 and 06 GABF for American Style Lager.

What do you mean by "in my Store"? Do you own a Beer Depot or Liqour Store?

Bre/wmeister Jeff said:
There is a bar on the Southside of Milwaukee, Actually I think its in Greenfield right by SouthRidge mall that has PBR on Tap for 90 CENTS!

Thats right - 90 CENTS - I dont know much but I know this - THAT ROCKS!

Ray & Dots?

PBR is, IMHO, the best of the mass-produced american light lagers. I had it up against Miller Lite on a tubing trip this summer, and there was no contest.

I too am an Old Style hater but PBR and the champagne of beers High Life are good domestic beers IMHO

High Life is NOT the champaign of all beers (mine is :D )

i drink natural light and PBR about 99% of the time when i dont have home brew

Most of the home brewers I talk to actually like PBR. It's damn good for what it is ($14/30 rack).

Far better than Bud and the like.

$2 for PBR, damn that's expensive.
Avg beer here is $4.75, I get dollar draft PBR's.

I don't think I have ever had a PBR. I think I will grab a 12 pack of long necks. Anyone here ever try Bud Select? *&^%$#@! nasty!

Those are the Aluminum bottles right?

Wouldn't mind sand blasting some of them and custom painting them, but I don't think my lips would touch those bottles untill the inside was sand blasted as well.

Actually I think I'd rather piss in the bottle a little, swirll it around immediately after the sand blasting and drink that before I'd drink what comes in those bottles.

HBDrinker008 said:
PBR and the champagne of beers High Life are good domestic beers IMHO
PBR and High Life are my go to cheapies. It might have something to do with the fact that I could get a 30 pack of either for $10 when I was in college.

High Life comes in cool Halloween cans right now too!

If someone bought me a PBR I would drink it, but I cannot imagine a situation in which I would purchase one myself.
Its either homebrew or another good brew for me

Latest posts

Back