Brewing your own beer - (cost)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you enjoy homebrewing, cost doesn't matter much. --- If you're like Craig on CraigTube/CraigTalk on YouTube, he only brews because the cost/tax in his area of Canada is huge on beer, and he does it for the savings (only uses 1 can of hopped malt extract for 5 gallons) (Brewing doesn't send tingles through special parts of his body like some of us brewers... ! lol!)

You must not have seen his newest video... he uses TWO....that's right TWO cans of extract, apparently more malt and less sugar tastes better, who knew?!

You must not have seen his newest video... he uses TWO....that's right TWO cans of extract, apparently more malt and less sugar tastes better, who knew?!

What?! He 'upgraded'?! - LOL - He sounded like he was so set in his ways, that he'd never do that. - He made a whole video defending why he puts priming sugar directly into his bottles, instead of boiling up some and adding it to the beer at once : said it was easier his way. - I'd have to say, I think it's easier and safer boiling up some with water and adding it to the beer at once, but he can be stubborn! lol

edit: going to watch it now

Um, one KG = 2.2 pounds.

Thanks for getting my back! and that was w/ the conversion rate at 1.20=1 which its been averaging for about the past month.

I know you can go the one can route, but I recently put together all the ingredients needed for about 25 gallons (I need to catch up!) and with hops and all its only about $20-$25 per batch! And Im planning on doing some big ones, like BYO's Ruination Clone!

Back